Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dawn - Some games shouldn't be made.

Options
  • 26-11-2000 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.glitchless.com/dawn.html http://dawn.stratics.com/

Looks like total vapourware. Oh god I hope it's vapourware.

Stratics did an IRC interview with the developers (no programmers???).

Some highlights...

JLBesser: .krAy0n[OSP]: Will Kidnapping be possible?
    GL-Jeff: Yes, you can knock a person out and drag them into a holding cell or torture device and hold them for ransom.

HOCboT: .Turow: will there be anal sex in the game
    GL-Axehandler: ROFL [Edited Note: I had the same reaction when I was editing the log at 4 am tongue.gif]
    GL-Axehandler: that the Turow from the Boards?
    GL-Jeff: There won't be a special command for it, but if you are hell bent on achieving it you can always do some sort of emote. /me has anal sex with so and so

QA-BOT: .Xyrra: How will non-roleplayers be handled? Many of us come from worlds that are overrun by the 'D00Dz', and we'd love to be rid of them smile.gif
    GL-Jeff: If you want to get rid of a d00d then get rid of him. people who play the game only to annoy other people will instead find themselves being annoyed by the fact that they will be killed over and over.

QA-BOT: .Firkaan: will it be possible to lauch infants or other characters with catapults?
    (Note: You have to be born into the game by other players)
    GL-Jeff: actually yes, but this may kill them.

QA-BOT: .roadhouse|ykz: will it be possible to throw a fetus at another player, making them think it is waterballoon until they wipe the blood off their face?
    GL-Jeff: you're just gonna have to wait for the beta for that one.

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 26-11-2000).]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

lol, I read on another game site that they looked up the guys phone number and rang him. His mum answered and said he was in school. When they asked about the game she said she didn't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

I can't believe how touchy the people on the forum are!

I have to say though that the game is, in my opinion, completely make-believe.

Unless the guy is a millionaire genius I can't see how anyone "normal" could afford to buy and run a server (or string of servers) that will support a world of 65000 square miles!! AND it won't have item degradation! Along with all of this , there is some miracle program that will eliminate lag using "advanced client side prediction".... with 10000 people on the one server (or string of servers), each with multiple items, each accessing a different part of the world adn drawing information from the database how far would the client have to predict???

Sounds like a nice idea, but is most likely complete balls!.

Lolth it hurts to read thier forum. It's like a cult.

As for the game according to the FAQ you can PK Babies (which is a what a new player is for 60 minutes), then you can cut them open and eat thier insides and use thier skin to make a suit with the leather skill.

Can you imagine trying to sell that to a publisher.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

it also says you can catapult babies and throw phoetus's etc.

those people are completely ****ed in the head.
    they deserved to be beaten,severely,by me and some brass knuckles.

The supreme irony of life is that no one gets out of it alive.

It gets even better. I've been banned from the Dawn Board.

I posted some questions about the game and replied to what would normally be required in Client-Server. I also explain the reasons why it would be a scam and how they could make money.

Now they locked me out of the board and deleted my post.

• Advertisement

Not only banned a second time but banned by IP address too (multiple IP's, I kept renewing my IP).

It appears asking level headed questions is not allowed on thier forum.

ROFLMAO....

Dawn have appeared to upset a certain news site.
    http://www.lumthemad.net/news/1526.php

I'm in pain laughing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

You do realise that the Dawn guys are utterly ripping the pi$s?

erm, no they are deadly serious. A lot of people either think that it's a couple of collage heads well out of depth or it's some scam. .... if you mean the Lum the Mad posting, that wasn't the Dawn people.

They tried selling T-Shirts but found out they could of gotten into trouble for it so stopped (don't know how). Thier Web MUD while being crap I would guess would of generated a serious amount of cash due to all the adverts splattered on it.

The Developer list is well... 4 designers (artists/musician) and 1 coder. They plan to have a BETA out by spring.

They also have a competition now for the best tattoo... here's my submission.

dawn1.gif

You'll find the competition on the Stratics site.

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 29-11-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 29-11-2000).]

If you bop over to Lum the Mad's again you'll see pretty much the final nail in the coffin that is Dawn.

Turns out the guy is actually a kid 18-19, just left highschool and hasn't started collage yet. His miltary career (where he was supposed to have programmed missiles) is in fact the high school apprenticeship program "Air Force Research Laboratory". He's listed as a member for 1998.

To say the guy has no clue is an understatement. smile.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement