Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Limits dodgy again?

Options
  • 22-01-2003 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Anyone else using No Limits in the South East finding that the problems that they had a few weeks ago with http access stopping and starting every few minutes has been occurring again over the past couple of days?

Newsgroups and e-mail are working fine, but every few minutes I can't access any webpages for a while.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,999 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Don't use no-limits, but find it happens with Oceanfree and IOL quite a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

Yeah, I've been getitng this intermittently over the past month or so.

It's their fault, not yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meh

Been happening to me as well, with NoLimits in Dublin. Clears itself up after about 5 minutes at most...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭David C

Just about to post this...

It's driving me up the walls. Every 2 minutes it seems to stop... and otherwise seems painfully sluggish
    I'm on No Limits ISDN.. 56k has the same problem...

Anyone got the tech support number?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Here too. It's also affecting the "IOL Free" service during that day. There was a thread discussing this fairly recently here - no conclusion out of that one either except that Esat weren't doing anything useful about it if it was continuing to happen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Dizz

Yep same here and bloody annoyed! Terrible latencies :mad: Very much considering jumping ship

Dizz

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It's been going on a whole month...and I can't seem to get any answer as to why it's happening and when it's going to be fixed :mad:

I have to say, it's got really bad tonight though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

dodgy transparent cache maybe, doubt if it is a terminal server problem

• Registered Users Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭irishgeo

I bet its a consiperacy to get us off no limits and on to netsmart

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Same prob here. Im also in Dublin.

Nevermind FRIACO soon.
    /peeks out between fingers over eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Im getting terrible latency problems as well on the Netsmart service so dont worry irishgeo it aint a conspiracy to get ya from one service to the other!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Kenshin

I was having the same problem last night.

Then I set my college's proxy as my own, and I didnt have any more problems...

Originally posted by Lord of Terror
    I was having the same problem last night.

Then I set my college's proxy as my own, and I didnt have any more problems...

I never thought of that. Would i be able to do that and what advantages would it bring.
    would they be able to follow what i was viewing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 bashibazouk

What kinda traceroute stats are you guys getting?

Originally posted by bashibazouk
    What kinda traceroute stats are you guys getting?
    Traceroute/ping/POP3/SMTP/VPN all work fine -- http seems to be the only thing affected. Leads me to believe it's a transparent proxy problem, as Muck says above...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Kenshin

Originally posted by irishgeo
    I never thought of that. Would i be able to do that and what advantages would it bring.
    would they be able to follow what i was viewing.
    I don't know how it works with other colleges, but in TCD you can use proxy1.tcd.ie:8001 and proxy3 from home. You need a username and password to access them, so it's only for TCD students...

The advantage is that the Esat problem stops affecting you...

As for the privacy issue, I'm sure they log what everybody does, but I don't know anyone who has ever gotten into trouble for visiting warez sites or whatever... I don't think they pay much attention to the logs at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

I'm getting the same problems too. Esat shower of ..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Maybe if you lodged an official complaint with esat customer care, something *might* be done rather than complain about it here, this is completely futile!

transparent cache does suck tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Anyone know of an irish uni that runs an open www proxy that aint on port 80? Would be mighty usefull..

Originally posted by Moriarty
    Anyone know of an irish uni that runs an open www proxy that aint on port 80?
    None of them, hopefully. Open web proxies are a big security risk -- used by spammers to cover their tracks through the CONNECT port 25 method...

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Moriarty
    Anyone know of an irish uni that runs an open www proxy that aint on port 80? Would be mighty usefull..

I seriously doubt any Irish uni has an open www proxy running, HEAnet would probably put a stop to it.

Do a google search for 'open proxy'. You don't have to use a universities'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Anyone got the tech support number ? Theres no way I'm ringing a 1550 number for them to charge me even more money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 bashibazouk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 GavinS

Been having the very same problems the last few weeks on No Limits. Stops working intermittently, verrrrrrrrrrrrry annoying. Ive had to switch over to errorcom a few times because IOL persistently stopped working.

Grrr - i need DSL - time to move to England.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Netsmart is still acting up. this is a ****ing joke of a service

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭saik

ìol1891 been doing the same thing,cant get on irc, slow downloads, and this is the weird part
    EXACTLY 50 pl in quakeworld, on off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Is it still fscked?

the problem strikes again.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by irishgeo
    the problem strikes again.

Are you quite sure about that...what exact problem are you having now?

Advertisement