Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games you played but never finished

Options
  • 22-01-2003 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭

Just wondering, well, actually, bored while at work. Have you ever become addicted to a game but never finished it.

For me it was Black and White.

Suppose I should start over but it was just so annoying.
    My PC ****ed up on final level 2 villages away from the end boss.

Chu Chu rocket is another, aswell as MSR

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Mikill

Commandos 2

Loved it , couldn't get enough of it but then just stopped playing it
    Dont know why , just got preoccupied with other games i suppose
    Might go back to it sometime , wasn't far from the end either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

HL: opposing Force was a big one for me, as was Mechwarrior 3. I loved both games (especially MW3) but just never got around to finishing them, in MW3 i decided to build the 'perfect' army of 4mech's, I think i succeeded but thats just my opinion :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Baldurs Gate 2,
    great game, but so fecking long, and too difficult for my little brain

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Half Life... was f*cking brilliant up to a point, but alas, I just lost interest.

Soldier of Fortune... Just got sick of it (it wasn't what I was hoping for... which was another RTC Wolfenstein!)

...and loads more I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Recently? Mafia. Hoping for another GTA3, but it fell short.

Oh, and SOF2 got really annoying.

The sniper levels almost put me off Medal of Honour, but I perservered. I shouldn't have bothered. :rolleyes:

- Dave.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Never got round to finishing Imperium Galactica II...Got a copy of Homeworld and it was banished to the shelf:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

LOads of em.

But i really wanted to finish grim fandngo but then i got one of those new fandangled thingy computers and dident transfer my save games!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Icewind Dale

I always got out of the middle part of the game(the endless dungeon crawl) but never got past the big ice bound building outside.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

The Riddle Of Master Lu - CD got fecked
    Sanitarium (one fecked up game) - cant remember why

a few others, some were good, so might I get back to them some day :rolleyes:

(now its time to get back playing SimCity4.....)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭Littletinyman

Final Fantasy VIII... gave up on the fourth disc because it was just too damn boring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

zelda on the nes...

got trapped on the last place in the 2nd part ... and give up :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

dungeon master, i still think my gallant band of adventurers are stuck on the 3 floor of lord chaos's dungeon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Never got to finish Half Life - Blue Shift because every time I got to a cetain point it just dumped me out to the desktop. After trying a few things I just gave up.

Finished Medal of Honour Allied Assault last night after two and a a half days playing. Is it just me or was it too easy? It ended a bit abruptly too, as if it was written with the intention of liberating another 30 quid for the add on. (Is it worth getting Spearhead?)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Sanitarium

that the original that got banned and Wu Tang converted into their own?

beat em up set in an insane asylum?
    or what game am i thinking off?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

on the mastersystem, ultima 4 I *think* it was, I just could not find one the shrines, and it was in the days before the internet.

I sem to remember reading some years after I had given me mastersytem away that the shrine was in some jump point when its a full moon or something :/

but I spent hour apon hour trying to find it.

Also I never finished FF7 - Ive tried to kill the last fella three times but he kills me each time with that plast that passes through the planets :B

Mind you most the fun of RPG's is the exploring, nearly always the endings suck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Doodee you are thinking of Thrill Kill for the PSX. Which I have by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,492 ✭✭✭irishgeo

SOF i got stuck on one level and have not been back yet. I am playing hitman2 now but thats just till CM4 comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

games Ive bought and never finished...thats a pretty long list

the ones I can think of off the top of my head would be

Black & white
    Project Earth
    Resident Evil 3(PS)
    Bauldars Gate 2
    Final Fantasy 5(PS)
    Waverace(GC)ont ask me what I was thinking when I wasted my cash on that.
    Z...last level drove me nuts in that
    Stronghold
    Age of Empires
    Star Craft...I really hated this game, but could not stop playing it.
    Bridge Commander

and theres more, I just cant think of what they were...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Originally posted by monument

Sanitarium (one fecked up game) - cant remember why

Don't suppose you still have this and want to trade/sell/something for it? Been trying to git me hands on it for awhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

SOF (looks like i'm not the only one) got the sequal a few days later and never went back.
    Rygar on the nes, last boss was impossible
    I bought battlefield 1942 a month or two and I've yet to actually play it let alone complete it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

That's what I was going to ask, how many people have paid over their hard earned dosh for a game and then never even bothered to play it!

For me Resi Evil 3 on Playstation and Shenmue 2 on DC have never even come out of the box. Must get round to them at some stage...

Anyone else in the same boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

Ok for me it was Bubble Bobble on the C64 when I was a kid, myself and a mate got to level 97 in two player mode.

Also in Halflife I accidently saved my game in a position that was impossible to get out of so I had to give up.

I recently got my hands on Operation Flashpoint, is it just me or is it extremely difficult ? I'm making very slow progress.

davej

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

couldn't get past level 2....LEVEL 2 OF Digger T Rock (any1 remember him) on the nes. also tried some Mickey Mouse game on ps (ages 3+) and could not pass level 3 (the shame).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Remember digger alright. Made or distrubuted by Hasbro, still have it on the NES.

Crap game, but I did get to level 5 after about a month on level 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

got to last level of Homeworld and never finished it
    Giants Citizen Kabuto
    Desperado

dont pay full price for Spearhead, it is way too short
    i had it finished the same night i borrowed it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

AVP1 and 2, MOHAA, RTCW and Homeworld:Cataclysm (I think, can't remember). Also Sonic 2 on the mega drive but it wasn't because I lost interest, I just couldn't kill the big robot on the death star thingy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I haven't finished countless games, so I'll just give a list of games that I can remember finishing recently.

Half-Life
    Rainbow 6
    Rogue Spear
    Rez
    Metal Gear Solid
    Metal Gear Soild 2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

The Riddle Of Master Lu, jesus forgot about that game, have the CD, tried to finish it a few times but it got so boring in places.

Baldurs Gate - Pile of crap, bad script all the different screens with the manky loading and cut scenes you couldn't rush through, oh!

Some rather poor game called just Nemesis I think, it was this square by square movement which was so god damn annoying, it was one of thoses games that planned to get by on good graphics, which they were but the rest of the game sucked.

Indiana Jones and the lost city of alantis, still playing it everything now again but yet to finish it.

Originally posted by Doodee
    that the original that got banned and Wu Tang converted into their own?

beat em up set in an insane asylum?
    or what game am i thinking off?

It’s a "Point & Click" type adventure game, and its twisted and maybe it should have being banned
    Originally posted by Raskolnikov
    Don't suppose you still have this and want to trade/sell/something for it? Been trying to git me hands on it for awhile.

If you want I will lend it to you until you complete it, just pm me your postal address.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by GreenHell
    The Riddle Of Master Lu, jesus forgot about that game, have the CD, tried to finish it a few times but it got so boring in places.

Any chance of borrowing/buying it?

Advertisement