Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games you played but never finished

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭pauldeehan

Body Harvest on the N64. Excellent game, extremely difficult. Got up to the last level which is just horrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

black & white - just forgot to finish it...

gta3 - i've got it 95% complete but i just can't be arsed to do the offroad missions

avp - finished the marine missions and most of the pred ones, alien just plain sucked ass tho

resident evil 2 - played through the first scenarios but then leon's disk screwed up:mad: (think it's the sold out release, stay away!)

soul reaver - fckn thing crashes in the same place every time i play it

metroid fusion - damn you sax!

age of empires 2 - the only campaign i've ever played through is the william wallace one, normally just play a custom game instead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Chevano Riley

my da spazzed out about myst when it first came out (he read it in a paper or something) and bought it for me

i was like ten at the time and i spent about 2 years playing it and hated every moment

never finished it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

The original Hexen. Got stuck on some level looking for some exit or puzzle piece. Then used a cheat code to explore the remaining levels.

The Unreal single player game. Very good graphics for the time and some interesting features but rather frustrating and repetitive gameplay, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Operation Flashpoint : man that's a hard game
    Half Life : once they started respawning I lost interest
    MW3 : never really got into it
    Imperium G 2 : finished it as the humans but no1 else
    Freespace 2 : never really liked it so gave up when it got hard
    Xwing vs Tie : ridicoulsly difficult
    Xwing vs Tie - Balance of Power : had an error so you couldn't finsih
    Xwing Alliance : lost interest, will go back some day
    Dungeon Keeper : got sick of build and rush

You should see the games I have sitting aound on CD and have never installed - RL takes up too much time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Zak McKracken and the Alien mindbenders. Then again I might have finished it but for the life of me I can't remember!

I'd say I probably haven't cos I usually remember the end of a LucasArts game and in this case I don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭Littletinyman

Originally posted by NekkidBibleMan
    Metal Gear Solid

That's just wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Tails

Never finished hidden and dangerous or black and white.

Are they worth while completing?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've got more games than I can play. I usually give tham 1/2 an hour blast to check if they are working. I always beat a game no matter how annoying unless it's crap. Like Unreal got 3/4 of the way through and realised that there were far better games to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

My most recent unfinished... Morrowind....

I don't think I want to finish it as I got tired of talking to wafer thin personality characters. I want to improve my real life skills first :p

Unreal was another... I think I finished 3/4 or more of the game back in Summer '98. Can someone tell how that game ended or what the story was so that Unreal 2 is coming out? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Originally posted by Littletinyman
    That's just wrong.

You misread. I listed the games I did finish, not the one's I didn't as, frankly, there's far too many to list.

I played MGS through countless times, got the bandana, the stealth mode and photographed a good few ghosts too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Gun man chronicles - thought it might be decent cuz it uses the half life engine but it was fairly boring and crappy.

GTA3 - have it about 80% couldn't be bothered finishin it though

MoH: AA - dunno if i wanna it play anymore, sniper level is well annoying!

can't think of any more at the mo, sure theres a couple more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ManWithThePlan

I could only find about 4 different endings to blade runner.
    Classic game, i heard there's about 12 different endings to it.
    Anyone finshed it more than 4 ways?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Originally posted by monument
    Any chance of borrowing/buying it?

Ya sure, I've no idea where I have it buried, prolly under my heap of 5.5" dicks :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Thanks, If you find it let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭cherrio

Unreal. What a crap game. Now UT was pure class the whole reason I got into online gaming.

As for MOH: AA the sniper level, its annoying and you do die about 50 times. But most of the snipers are on the roofs, so you can see their outline against the sky. The last level in MOD is the hardest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

I have to be honest that I found Unreal graphically impressive back in early '98. Honestly. Admittedly, it got a boring 3/4 ways through... the hyperactive AI was getting me down... but the effects showed what was to come. The best flashy game up 'til then was Quake II using a Voodoo 2.

Thankfully things keep moving apace! Was the ending in Unreal any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭cherrio

I stopped playing in before I even finished the first level!

I played UT before hand and thought the SP version would be great so bought it, total waste. I thought the graphics were much worse than the UT ones (he says as he veers way off topic!).

The only other game I think of that I didn't finish was Decent 3, I remember seeing all these cool graphics and stuff... bought it and it was chunky as hell and very boring compared to D2 / D1.

[edit]learn to spell Robert![/edit]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭Littletinyman

Well well Brendan you super smelly pants, this is a thread on games you didn't finish!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Originally posted by TmB
    Recently? Mafia. Hoping for another GTA3, but it fell short.

Oh, and SOF2 got really annoying.

The sniper levels almost put me off Medal of Honour, but I perservered. I shouldn't have bothered. :rolleyes:

- Dave.

Mafia same for me

SOF2 got annoying, but finished it anyway

Same for me with MOH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

[QUOT]orinaly posted buy LittleTinyGay
    Well well Brendan you super smelly pants, this is a thread on games you didn't finish!

YEA WEL Y DONT U JSUT SHUT UP U STUPID MORAN!!

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭boogie man

Black & White
    Morrowind (not finished yet, will get back to it)
    GTA3 & GTA Vice City
    Baulders gate 2
    Hitman 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

ooh i just finished Hitman 2 yesterday
    its very good but i feel its a lot easier to finish than the original because you can save anywhere and it doesnt force you to be stealthy like in the first one, as i think i got mass murderer on most levels apart from a few

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭boogie man

I found Hitman 2 very frustrating. Not being able to move fast is quite infuryating to me! I do love the idea of the game though. I think I'll stick to the good old first person shooters :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Too many to list... most recent ones would be Hitman 2 (reckon thats winning!!) Also Black and White (got bored with it) and the complete DISGRACE of a game 007: Nightfire!

Been lots of others but they stick out.

Advertisement