Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planetarion ... it's going to hell ... and not in a nice way

Options
  • 03-12-2000 1:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭

The new rules I can stand but the players are getting more annoying

I'm part of the 15 cluster ( with ButcherOfNog ) and we all went and joined the c15a alliance thinking oh my it's a good idea ... but the leader ship is moronic and inexperince ... but i toleranted it ...

arriving on PA today ... I find the cluster alliance is gone and instead we are being forced to join Legion ( forced in that if we don't we will be attacked ). problem here is that nobody will challange them. as they are legion and have the backing of fury/vts/rb.

Oh but the best part is the excuse for this new alliance is ... wait for it... they want more dedicated players ... HTF do you expected dedicated from people who you openly threaten to attack if they don't join you??? a poor leader is one who rules with fear?

Why do people feel the need to be such idiots?

well I am off to arrange a stand off against this legion threat. getting as many alliance together to stand against this kinda *******ness don't suppose FA would be interested in joining the fun :-) hehe

" Let justice be done through the heaven's fall"
    []-=--=--=--=--=---[ Lord Khan ]---=--=--=--=--=-[]

[This message has been edited by Lord Khan (edited 03-12-2000).]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I'm getting really sick of that Burp! screen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭[SN]JAG

im really sick of the fact that i keep sending out my fleets to defend guys in my galaxy/cluster who call for it when suddenly im hit by a group of fleets 6 times my size.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Play it how I did in the first round, Worry about defending yourself, **** the rest. Every man for himself, you'll just end up getting screwed otherwise.

john

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Lord Khan

Sigh! things just went down hill ... my galaxy is joining out of fear ... while a few other Galaxies in our cluster are planning to hit the guy who started all this crap... but he is legion so heavy defence is likely ... Don't suppose any of the PA players here would be interested in a good attack with lots of roids ( if you send you pods in after the attack ).

just look at the GC of 15:12 all those nice roids could be yours :-) FA I am looking in your direction ... come on out and make a name for your self :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Wyverne

im in cluster 15 aswell LordKhan

and it definatly sucks m8 :-(

i was told to join legion this morning and i said no (big mistake) i now have 6500 ships attacking me and stealing my roids and wiping me out :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

I played planetarion for about 5/6 weeks. got elected GC after our first one did nothing while we were being destroyed, and I organised a defense/started doing the politics thing etc.
    Seemed like fun until it got to the stage that you could not attack anyone without their mates deciding to annihilate you. Or If you defended your own Galaxy member who did a fair single raid on someone else more often than not you'd have a fleet 7/8 times your own down on your head.

It'd be like killing someone in your favourite FPS and then having their clan hunt you down in packs, since they couldn't beat you on your own, until you were ****ed off enough to leave.
    And all this 'Oh it was a mistake' crap that used to go on the boards afterwards......

The game is full of spineles gimps. It has been totally ruined by over reliance on alliances and this kind of crap. I just deleted my account and have never gone back.

I've never seen a game so utterly let down by it's community before.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

[/quote]

It'd be like killing someone in your favourite FPS and then having their clan hunt you down in packs, The game is full of spineles gimps. It has been totally ruined by over reliance on alliances and this kind of crap. I just deleted my account and have never gone back.

[/QUOTE]

hahaha, thats funny!

well, i happen to be lucky enough to be in 31:erm, ive forotten. its the psnguins anyway. we are about 3rd or 4th in the galaxy rankings, so i havent been hit at all.
    but a couple of people in the office are getting the hell kicked out of them

and to think that some guy asked me to swap places with him so he could be with his mates. fair swap guv....

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Wyverne:
    im in cluster 15 aswell LordKhan

and it definatly sucks m8 :-(

i was told to join legion this morning and i said no (big mistake) i now have 6500 ships attacking me and stealing my roids and wiping me out :-(
    </font>

This is crap ButherOf Nog is there too forget which planet though .. those of us who have refused to join are waiting to be attacked. we are trying to put on a little demonstration for the rest of the cluster ... and we're calling in every possible favour and fleet that we can

anybody who wishes to end this madness and assist please feel free to post a reply .... there is a lot of roids up in this if you do :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

So far it seems a lot less alliance based than last round. My galaxy has done about 6/7 galaxy raids, and we're yet to meet any opposition from any alliance at all, seems a lot more galaxy based.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

Hrmph,well i know is that i have a fairly crappy score (used to be 450k or so) and only had 110 roids or so,but in the last 3 days i've been attacked by 3500 ships and lost 60 roids frown.gif

UP DA DUBS!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

HAHA your all dead unless you scamper off and get in some other alliance and RESIST.
    OR be sneaky whores and join and use LEGION for ye're own good btw no one knows your in an alliance in this round so join ... so what means nothing.

Btw HAHA I'm in a new independant galaxy/cluster every man for himself kickass stuff ... kind off.

Bring back thiefs I say.......

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

yeah so am I Sico
    it really does my head in ggrrr

:Oj:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Raptor

Hey there. I was reading about Planetarion and it looks pretty cool to me, but before I join the game I have a few questions. What are the graphics like (a few screenies would be nice :-)) And what is the general gameplay like?
    Thanks, and soz for going against the topic, planetarion sux.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Planetarion doesn't sux ... aside from the creators constantly screwing the code... servers going down when you want to launch a fleet etc etc ...

no graphics really aside from gif/jpegs it's basically text based ... more so if you use lynx like my self :-)

it requires one thing ... absolutely no social life what so ever...seriously other wise you might get trashed biggrin.gif

Earth2025 might be more suitable if you can't log on very often every day ... everything there happens instantanously :-)plus non of this large clan dominating the game :-)

[This message has been edited by Lord Khan (edited 06-12-2000).]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

the reason planetarion is such a good game is that folk get worked up just like Kharn is getting smile.gif

its 'involving'. my own gal has been a legion/vts gal since the previous round, no one has tried to force me to join legion, and i've been one of the bigger planets in the galaxy .. so go figure.

some of c15 (think it was 15:20) have attacked our galaxy for some reason, we wiped them out and retaliated. i don't mind either way what happens, i'd love an in-cluster war smile.gif

you must be 15:14 scum then

hehehe

oooo$$$$$$$$$$$$oooo
    oo$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$o
    oo$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$o o$ $$ o$
    o $ oo o$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$o $$ $$ $$o$
    oo $ $ "$ o$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$o $$$o$$o$
    "$$$$$$o$ o$$$$$$$$$ $$ $$$$$$$$$$$ $$ $$$$$$$$$$o $$$$$$$$
    $$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$ $$ $$$$$$$$$$$ $$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ """$$$
    "$$$""""$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ "$$$
    $$$ o$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ "$$$o
    o$$" $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$o
    $$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$" "$$$$$$ooooo$$$$o
    o$$$oooo$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ o$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    $$$$$$$$"$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$""""""""
    """" $$$$ "$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$" o$$$
    "$$$o """$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$"$$" $$$
    $$$o "$$""$$$$$$"""" o$$$
    $$$$o oo o$$$"
    "$$$$o o$$$$$$o"$$$$o o$$$$
    "$$$$$oo ""$$$$o$$$$$o o$$$$""
    ""$$$$$oooo "$$$o$$$$$$$$$"""
    ""$$$$$$$oo $$$$$$$$$$
    """"$$$$$$$$$$$
    $$$$$$$$$$$$
    $$$$$$$$$$"
    "$$$""""

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Round me is pretty fun smile.gif We've been going about battering some nearby galaxies, no organised retaliation yet mind.

Well i all i know is my galaxy really gets targeted for no reason,my GC who had a score of 2mill and 400 roids (not a lot) was attacked by 25000 hostiles last night!! 25k ffs!,i wouldn't expect that big a fleet for somebody twice his size...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

I have to say pillaging 70: was a good laff no resistance no counter attacks
    if only I had more pods ...aww well smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lord Khan:
    you must be 15:14 scum then</font>

no, we're 15:16, and we'd a policy of no in-cluster raids, until that eejit in 15:20 hit us

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

Well i played planetarion and got raped repeatledy till our GC got off his ass and joined us in an alience which we were all happy to join
    Now very few small attack
    and no im not telling u my coords biggrin.gifbiggrin.giftongue.gif

catbert.gif

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GREENHELL:
    I have to say pillaging 70: was a good laff no resistance no counter attacks
    if only I had more pods ...aww well smile.gif
    </font>

no roids there though ... maybe you are happy to have 1 or 2 roid per attack but I get 80+ a tick :-)

Hrmph,another 3k hostiles in me base today :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

that legion thing is insane - people should help their own cluster anyway - i only wish I had kept playing so that i could help rape the bestuds who are doing this

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement