Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overrated Bands?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭Darkillion

nah, captain obvious sounds better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

If that's what you want to be called then fair enough.

over Captain Oblivious certainly

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Get back on topic people.

I think AC/DC are over rated (flame me later :p) their songs all sound very samey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Drunk pirate

Allot of people here are claiming Slayer are overated. Mayby so but at the end of the day they can produce good trax.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭fleshmechanic

qoute - sonic youth are average - ive only heard dirty.....

eh wha? sonic youth pioneered the whole atonal guitar experimenting...if it was'nt 4 sonic youth there would'nt be the likes of korn....and all the bands that use dissonace as their trademark....have a listen to "goo" or"washing machine" then make a final decision........

How could I forget to mention System of a Down? way over rated in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭/|/)etal)-|ead

Nobody ever said System of a down were good in the first place ;P -except for maybe Kerrang tv LOL

they are good enough, a bit over rated though. toxicity is a good cd

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

God damn Slipknot!!
    Fair enough I have a copy of the first(?) album but it's only phsyc-up/fight music at best. At worst it's just noise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭the snitch

eeehh a general thought but, you neeed to give arguments as to why a particular band is overated....maybe i'm being unfair to y'all but saying metallica, pantera, nirvana, sonic youth or whoever is over rated FULLSTOP is just exerting a personal opinion. if you really want to make a case, where's the FACT? seems to me like you're not particularly up on your rock history so you're not able to say 'well maybe nirvana are overated because they didn't rise above their influences and wer just a prettied up melvins' or what have you...do you people know what came before this stuff or what was around at the same time? context people context! value is placed on certain music via technical skill, creativity and innovation etc etc if something is over rated it is over valued, so why so? give me facts people facts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 CRONIC ARSE

I need to learn the idea of a 'Troll'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭domeara01

over rated bands,

1 anything ever created by any1 from slipknot.

2 Bowling for soup.

3 anyone that claims to punk rock and suck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 718 ✭✭✭hells angels

Yes, humour might be a usefull thing to learn in life...

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Opinions opinions... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Hmm.. I didn't realise that you could post to boards via SMS.

well there is enough language on this thred. ill tell you

Originally posted by hells angels
    I cant belive u just said dat r u a fúcking retard or sumthing how cud u possibly say pantera r over-rated and comparing them to hanson is just plain stupid...Angle whore ur nuttin but a cock jockey... PanterA Rule \m/
    /me expects some swift kick/deleteage from the evil (i repeat, eeevil) moderator of doom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Jesus lads...
    Screw your heads on straight for a few seconds.

Wake up and smell the piss-take.

slipknot/stone sour
    corey tryin to make another slipknot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Drunk pirate

Any nu-metal band that trys to produce a mellow song. Stone sour in other words.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Em Stone Sour were around before Slipknot were. Slipknot was a side project that happened to get popular somehow.

i HATE bother!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭kingconor

Stone sour suck!! Old skool HM is the best genre!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭MagicBusDriver

The Snitch- Finally someone talking a bit of sense..

People who claim that the likes of The Beatles or Nirvana are over-rated aren't makin a lot of sense.

The Beatles created some of the most innovative, successful music in history. They combined popular appeal with technical brilliance, which very few bands have ever done, that said, they wouldn't be a favourite of mine, but that is *MY OPINION*..

Nirvana have and always had a huge fanbase and that's because they produced music that people liked. They were the band that introduced many people to rock music.
    Someone mentioned Alice in Chains as a better band, which seems a little odd, considering that only produced one album that recieved general critical acclaim (dirt), though I would agree that they are somewhat under-rated.

People tend to dismiss bands on first impressions, especially after they have been hyped up.. I certainly do it anyway.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Slipknot
    Offspring (God spare me)
    Marilyn Manson
    Sum 41 (ffs, they're crap)

There's loads more I cant think of at the moment! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 718 ✭✭✭hells angels

Let me see overrated bands...them linkin park ****s for starters! i cant tink cuz i need to piss so i'll update it later..... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭The Reaper

stupid **** smith! just go! oh lets scab a fag!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭s8n

slayer

• Advertisement

although i love the beatles, it must be said they are slighly over rated

Advertisement