Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phantom FM Live - Thank you!

Options
  • 31-01-2003 12:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hey
    The gig was great last night. Well done.
    Shame about that nasty rabble
    talking the whole way through it.
    A bit of ómós lads, please!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭bazza

Gig was top notch last night..... excellent stuff.

Have to say that I thought Elton Mullally was the best on the night, closely followed by Dave and Noel (BigWig) McG.

But great night - and yeah, pity it was a bit noisey, but hey, its all a bit of fun isn't it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

good gig/great gig - it really was excellent top quality music and lots of beer flowing - i was hammerlooned very early on woohoo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭beretta

the gig was truly great. glen brought tears, paddy casey incited happiness among the masses. bellx-1 were their usual top-quality selves. wonderful stuff. phantasm afterwards was one of the best dance-a-thons i've e'er partaken in... it was a lot shorter than usual, but good condensed fun. the lovely sinister pete played my alice cooper request... again... hah! the whole place was a-rockin' to alice's "poison". good time.

hehehe i confused beretta i confused beretta!!!!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

bloody hell i am so sick now i hate you all! And there was plenty of gossip last night too....i have it on good authority that a certain 2 members of the boards snogged....but i wont mention any names just yet.

anywya, some Bitch (well...i call her a bitch now but i loved her last night) decided to sell me a naggin of vodka and me and a few others preceeded to drink this hideous concoction.

i dont remember how i got home.

anywya, im sure the gig was great last night. athough there was a load of shushers in last night. i hate them. i missed most of it. i saw bell x 1 (i think i spent a portion of the night looking for skins for bell x 1....weiird) and glen hansard and paddy casey. and loads of message board peeps were there too. scary. me and achille even got a chance to do our famed macarena.

and i also provided top entertainment for about 3 people upstairs when i missed a step on the way back from the bar , but i managed to trip up, get up and walk away with such grace that i didnt spill a drop of my drink. until one of johnnynolegs's friends decided to knock it out of my hands....grrrrrr. and i couldnt walk up to get another drink coz there 3 people still up there tittering at me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Glen Hansard made me cry and Polar made me cry and the fact I wasn't drinking and everyone else was made me want to cry too.

Having to leave early made me cry, and buying a sausage inna bun outside and driving home onehanded made me cry, cos the bun was stale. Okay, maybe not, but I was annoyed at paying four euro for a stale bun.

This was a wondrous, fantastic night, it was great, even though I was stood up earlier on and felt like a solitary loser there on my own for an hour and a half........

Nina Hynes was good and BellX1 were good and Elton was good and I missed Paddy Casey and I don't remember anyone else.

Oh, and sat up in bed til 3am drinking coke and eating chipsticks.

All in all, an excellent night. Kudos to Phantom for the wonderfulness.

*Swanky banner, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Achille

All I'm saying is, I paid for those chips, so that guy has nothin' on me, no matter what language he threatens me in!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Hello all,

Just a quick posting with some thank yous and stuff!

Firstly thanks to everyone who played for us at Whelans and made it such a great night:

Nina Hynes
    Polar
    Doris
    Dave McGuinness
    Pugwash
    Elton Mullaly
    Colm Querney
    Maria Doyle Kennedy
    Paul and Dave from Bell X 1
    Glen Hansard
    Paddy Casey
    Lisa Hannigan

Feckin class acts.

Also, those who helped to put the gig together from Phantom towers, fair play to ye all. Particular big up for Jack Hyland for the work he put into organising the event. Respec' as they say in the lower east side apparently.

Likewise Ed on sound, and all the staff at Whelans, Sarah for the door, Laura and Emily and Tom E for the photography. Also, thanks to those who helped us publicise the event at short notice. And everyone else who I have doubtless forgotten and who will ignore me now for weeks for forgetting them. Im tired, and my memory is not what it used to be!

And of course, a huge thanks and if Conway was around he would have a huge hug for all who came down, took the time to say hello, supported Phantom and enjoyed 5 hours of great live music and a high speed Phantasm with his Sinisterness! Really does mean a lot to us, so Thank You :-)

Listen out for the highlights on Phantom in the next couple of weeks along with the photos online shortly. We've been listening back to the recordings and they sound deadly.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Pete Reed
    Phantom FM

ah, jonnynolegs, you did indeed confuse the bejaysus out of me. i even specifically asked you if you had no legs, to which you said "no". sigh. what's a gal to do? you looked really different to the last time we spoke, perhaps my perception was very much skewed afore, due to alcohol consumption. thanks for saying hi and clarifying it all anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭tiggertigger

Howeyeh!
    I don't know what games you're trying to play Mr Reed
    but I distinctly remember NOT starting this thread!
    Stop playing Bono and messing with me head!
    Oh and when can we expect the photos.
    Ah you're probably up to your eyes anyways.
    Don't mind me
    Tadhg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

That was great... lets do it again!!!!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Ooooooh I want to do it again!!! Hooray!!! Again again again!!

So that the next time I run up Wexford st. to buy a hot dog, I'll put my coat on and not catch a horrible snuffly cold like the one I have now. 'Shooo!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

achille's quitw the man isn't he? i bumped into him after idlewild on my way to fibbers. and he tried to make me get run over by telling me to be careful crossing the road (and of course i took my atention of the road for a split second to try and think up some smart reply...which i couldnt)

i just heard sinister pete saying how great maria doyle kennedy was on the night and i hate her, so it came as a shock to hear it was her who did that gorgeous accapelle song on the night. dammit.

mebbe it was the fact that i was standing up mebbe it was the fact that i had long hair last time or mebbe as u say it was to do with the massive alcohol consumption hahahaha

Oooh, not only am I "quitw the man" but Im also worthy of quotation in Silverfish's sig line.

*bows*

my life has truly peaked.
    unless of course I manage to become some sort of religious icon in western Yemen.

and all this time i thought achille was a female. the truth wasn't revealed to me until the phantom fm gig, where wacker excitedly told me of his encounter with said pseudonym, achille. i really believed he was a she. hum. sorry... i guess...

um, dont quite know what to say to THAT!

after several years with a therapist I am fairly sure that I am 100% male. And if I find that there's some fiends from this board spreading rumours to the contrary, i'll.... go and paint their toe nails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Gerrymac

:confused: When is the gig gonna be broadcast on the radio dudes?
    I'm dying to hear it. Was an amazing gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

Twas well good alright! Polar forever!!!!!!!

Advertisement