Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Idiot needs your help!

Options
  • 23-01-2003 10:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭

For a while now I've been writing my own stories, both short and long. I was wondering if there are any magazines or publications that I could perhaps send them to (they're mostly sci-fi or horror)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

There's a book available called the Writers Handbook that might well be of use to you - it's updated every year with details of publications and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Interzone used to accept short stories but I'm not sure if the magazine is still running worth sending them an email anyway. Good luck with getting something published.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

First off, I hope the titles of your stories are a bit more relevant than the title's of your posts.

Secondly Albedo One is an Irish publication which comes out quarterly (usually) and specialies in Sci-Fi and Horror, though to be honest they don't go too much for Horror and prefer it to be intelligently written rather than hackish.

It's pretty good but I recommend you read one or two issues and also their guidelines (as you should with any mag you intend sending stories to) before submitting anything. If you live in Dublin you should be able to pick up the latest issue in Tower Records or Forbidden Planet.

The Sunday Tribune also feature a New Irish Writing section in the first issue of every month but I imagine it would have to be quite watered down Sci-Fi or Horror to fit their bill.

Oh and eh, good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭scipio_major

There are a lot of market websites out there. You can find a lot of them through the SFWA

SF/F/H Writer's Markets

Fade to credits
    Scipio_major

Advertisement