Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

suggestions, puh-lease

Options
  • 23-01-2003 3:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭

greetings, earthlings (where are you from? uh... earth...)

right so. here's the 4-1-1. i'm making a compilation tape of irish music for a foreign bud of mine. am having a very hard time deciding what to include and what to throw away. could you kind lot help me out by suggesting songs/ bands i should definitely put on the tape? i'm all a-fluster.

cheers, big ears.

*b*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

all depends what hes into.
    either way chuck redneck manifesto - thirtysixstrings or dillon family dancers on there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭joey D

the pogues of course... and planxty... what's a '4-1-1' by the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

Make sure to put a nation once again on it, according to the bbc it's the best pop song of all time.

If I was making a tape I'd put stuff like

Turn
    Speedman
    Skyjack
    Polar
    66 Electric
    Frames

on it

Try and get bands that Phantom plays alot but are not known well internationally.

PS loads of U2 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Frank and Walters, Engine Alley, Frames, Sultans, Therapy, Turn, Wilt, The Walls ... and so forth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭beretta

hum. yes. i began a list today of possibilities... once they begin, they never stop. my only definites so far are:

the frames
    turn
    bellx-1
    damo rice
    king sativa
    66e
    la rocca

for everything else, there's too much indecision. should i just put them all in a hat and pick at random? the person i'm making the tape for is likes a lot of different types of music, mostly guitar/ rock oriented. so phantom-esque music, i s'pose.

as for the person who asked what a "4-1-1" is, i'm not quite sure. i heard it in a movie once. hah.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Stick on some 'burning love jumpsuit.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭threefour

and some whipping boy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

Brando
    Blotooth
    Otranome
    Murder of Crows
    Johnny Pyro
    Skyjack

All quality music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

the frames, turn, brando, frank and walters, snow patrol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭rueyn

Mic Christopher, Gemma Hayes, Mark Geary, Turn, Melaton, Frames, Waterboys ("Meet Me at the Station"), and the stuff everyone else said :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

BRANDO!! it would be a crime to deprive someone of Brando's brilliance...

i already feel sorry for them, end their misery! Show them the Brando experiance)*

*my advertising skills can be rented please contact if your band can afford me. (i'm not cheap)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

dr millar!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭joss

Ahem. The Corpo, Asteroids, Joan Of Arse, Last Post, Large Mound, The Tycho Brahe, Paul O'Reilly...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Lunar superstar

the walls

the stunning

the prayerboat

feck the frames n all!

fantastic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

the chalets! and i bought an album by daemienfrost a while back. wasn't impressed, but it began to grow on me.

doesn't 4-1-1 = lowdown?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭the66electric

Just got an EP from Rollers/Sparkers called 'Geography for the leaving' and its ****ing fantastic. get it on there, if we still have time...

...we have to act fast...

Originally posted by o sleep
    the chalets! and i bought an album by daemienfrost a while back. wasn't impressed, but it began to grow on me.

doesn't 4-1-1 = lowdown?

[bad joke] it grew on you??? how did u get it off!!!![/bad joke]

4-1-1 does equal the low down which in turn equals the info....
    me so hip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

it grew on me like fungi. and it's still growing on me ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

I wish cds would grow on me...it'd be so much cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Lunar Junkie

Also Ten Speed Racer, National Prayer Breakfast, Playground Psychotic, Large Mound...

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Sandi
    I wish cds would grow on me...it'd be so much cheaper

you'd look really funny walking down the street

i'd opt for money, but i wouldnt like people 'picking on me' all the time. *tee hee hee*

i'll go with clothes...if clothes grew on me, id save a lot of money, AND u wouldnt have to get dressed. (although showers would be kind of a drag)(and you know what)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭bandit

Whipping boy, Therapy, The Pogues, Whipping Boy, Thin Lizzy, A House, Whipping Boy, JJ72 <anything off i to sky> The Blades oh and eh Whipping boy............

Also send them over some Richey Kavanagh, Foster and Allen and The Furries to remove the belief that we are all a bunch of backward, knuckle dragging, fight starting, un washed boggers!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Splatz

Speedman.
    Berkeley.
    The Murder of Crows.
    Snow Patrol.
    Turn.

Can't go wrong there buddy.

Plus, despite my comments about the 66 Electric before, I went out and bought the EP cause I felt bad about slamming them so harshly and actually quite liked it. So stick I Died In A Movie on it too.

Advertisement