Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thinshaft

Options
  • 24-01-2003 1:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭

i added thinshaft to my cfg this evening... thought i'd post it up as it was a bit fiddly.
    seta cg_zoomfov "105";
    seta cg_fov "180";
    seta sensitivity 6.76502

bind MOUSE2 	"cg_drawcrosshair 1; cg_crosshairsize 22; cg_drawgun 0; weapon 5; vstr zoom" // RL
    bind z 		"cg_drawcrosshair 2; cg_crosshairsize 22; cg_drawgun 0; weapon 7; vstr zoom" // RG
    bind h 		"cg_drawcrosshair 4; cg_crosshairsize 22; cg_drawgun 0; weapon 2; vstr zoom" // MG
    bind MWHEELDOWN "cg_drawcrosshair 3; cg_crosshairsize 24; cg_drawgun 0; weapon 3; vstr zoom" // SG
    bind s 		"cg_drawcrosshair 5; cg_crosshairsize 40; cg_drawgun 1; weapon 6; vstr zoom" // LG
    bind MWHEELUP 	"cg_drawcrosshair 9; cg_crosshairsize 22; cg_drawgun 0; weapon 8; vstr zoom" // PG
    bind MOUSE3	"cg_drawcrosshair 9; cg_crosshairsize 22; cg_drawgun 0; weapon 8; vstr zoom" // PG
    bind b 		"cg_drawcrosshair 8; cg_crosshairsize 24; cg_drawgun 0; weapon 4; vstr zoom" // GL
    bind e 		"cg_drawcrosshair 9; cg_crosshairsize 32; cg_drawgun 0; weapon 1; vstr zoom" // Fist
    bind y 		"cg_drawcrosshair 6; cg_crosshairsize 22; cg_drawgun 0; weapon 9; vstr zoom" // BFG

set zoom +zoom

Setting your sensitivity according to your zoomed ratio

cg_zoomfov 80 = 85.82% of normal
    cg_zoomfov 85 = 92.20% of normal
    cg_zoomfov 90 = 98.32% of normal
    cg_zoomfov 91.30851 = 100% of normal
    cg_zoomfov 95 = 104.8% of normal
    cg_zoomfov 100 = 111.44% of normal
    cg_zoomfov 105 = 118.26% of normal
    cg_zoomfov 110 = 125.24% of normal
    cg_zoomfov 115 = 132.41% of normal
    cg_zoomfov 120 = 139.76% of normal
    cg_zoomfov 125 = 147.30% of normal

example: "cg_fov 100" & "sensitivity 6".

According to the table:
    cg_zoomfov 100 = 111.44% of normal,

so that means if you use +zoom, your sensitivity will increase by 11.44%. To compensate for this, you must use a sensitivity value of which 111.44 percent equals 6.

=> 6 / 1.1144 = 5.38

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭saik

heres a trick
    cl_showmouserate 1
    it will output your sensitivity.
    when you do +zoom, you see how it changes it,
    zoomed at 90 is 98% of your normal sens etc.
    i have an enormous bind i can give to you on irc if you are around.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭carl_

u can put +zoom at the end of your config instead of having "vstr zoom" in all the weapon binds.

also iirc you can get a thinshaft by messing with the gunX,gunY,gunZ variables - not sure if this is cheating by tournament rules though or if you need cheats enabled.

... thinking about it now you can probably move the gun position such that the shaft graphic will 'leave' at crosshair level (! so no shaft ???!) so that it takes up even less space on screen... this is dependant on the range of permitted values of course and its probably cheating and I could be completely wrong :p

I do remember positioning lg at top-right of screen before so that the shaft came diagonally down to the xhair.

must check this out really

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭carl_

heh
    it needs cheats enabled AND it looks crap (big and messy)

:o

Advertisement