Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool move for Fernandes

• 24-01-2003 2:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭

LIVERPOOL are set to make a #3.5m bid for Southampton winger Fabrice Fernandes.

Gerard Houllier wants the talented Frenchman to add width and creativity to his side for their push to win a place in next season's Champions' League.

JOY!!! :D:D:D

FINALLY - A WINGER!!!!!!

Fernandez is a quality footballer, and I was curious why he made a specific point of going over to Houllier after the game and shaking hands/smiling etc.

I just hope it happens now...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Where did you hear this from?

That wouldn't be a bad move seen as how the duffer seems to be staying put (again).

Still though. Does he never get sick of buying French players. Nothing against French players but hell we need players with international experience too. I say take a leaf out of Wengers book and get an international winger with some experience on the world stage *cough* Pires, Overmars, etc. *cough*.

He seems insistant that he has to develop every single French player thats under 25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

He may buy a winger but it does not mean he will play him. He already has players who can play as wingers but he chooses not to play them there. Rjise and Cheyrou can both play comfortably on the left wing, but He plays Heskey there instead. By the way those are two player that Houllier has signed himself so it is not like he was unhappy with them or never rated them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

I think Fernandez is more of a traditional winger though, then Rise or Cheyrou. He's a gifted little player, and could be great with a club like Liverpool (if they feed him properly that is). The article is in today's indo :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

So he is going out buy yet another no body, yes we know he plays for southampton and is a decent player but he again chickens away from going all out an getting a world class player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

I agree with what you're saying with respect to world class player, we do need more. Houliier does keep trying the cheap options, but still manages to spend 100's of millions.

But I do think Fernandez is a very good signing, I just hope he gets time to prove himself :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

But ye have not signed him yet?

I do not thing that GH has time himself for another player to prove himself, what ye need now is a player who will take the game by the balls and get into the team straight away, I think GH is throwing money at yer "crisis" now and not hunting down someone who will make an immediate impact.

I maybe harsh saying the Fernandez will not do this, he may very well, but I think ye/GH cannot take a chance on this, other wise ye may not win anything this season, even if ye do not, the main priority is to make the CL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Ye need to stop typing 'ye' in ye're posts, Yop, it makes ye look like a twat.

Ye need to stop typing 'ye' in ye're posts, Yop, it makes ye look like a twat.

good man :rolleyes:

More transfer speculation is that GH is looking into bringing van der Vaart in from Ajax during the summer

Read here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Woooh!!! what a coup,you'll be buying Zidane or figo next :)

• Advertisement

Van der Vaart is a class act, very determined player with buckets of ability

And the latest is just like before.

GH denies all rumours again. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Fernandez would be a great buy, but he ain't comming...

Meanwhile The Times (of London) reports the rumour I mentioned a few weeks ago of Haken Yakin joining in the summer for less than a million! This looks more serious.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,277-553150,00.html

Mike.

That would be an even better buy. Yakin is class and for less £750,000 its brilliant. Maybe GH was trying to soften them up with allowing Xavier out on loan because a few weeks ago the manager was adament that Xavier was staying put.

Advertisement