Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nortons Ghost Image

Options
  • 24-01-2003 8:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭

Problem:

I need to ghost Partition C: to Partition D: (both 40Gb on one HDD)
    Image from C: is about 1.5Gb so I want to ghost using span or split to create smaller 650Mb files to fit on CDs.

So far sounds easy enough except that when ghost gets to the end of the 1st 650mb file it asks me to insert new media, and if I choose D: it tells me there is not enough room on D: (even though it has 39Gb free space)

If I was copying straight to CDRW I could understand the message but Im not.

Any ideas on the correct method or command-line switch needed to do this?

I am using:

a:\ghostpe.exe -split=650

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Hi clinical.

I don't think you can do that - split an image into several pieces on another partition. Best thing to do is (as you said) burn the image to CDr's - It'll burn the image to 1 CDr and then prompt you to insert another CDr. Something tells me you already know that though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Clinical Waste

Aye, you're probably right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

is the 1.5Gb image compressed ?

ghost allows image compression

fast = less
    slow = more (smaller)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

You can indeed do what you're talking about.
    From dos do a dir from D: and see if DOS is picking up the second
    partition at its full size.
    It may not be.
    What fs have you formatted d: with? Fat32?

Advertisement