Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good mountainboarding spots? (Dublin)

Options
  • 24-01-2003 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Anyone got any 'top tip' locations for a newbie mountainboarder?

I'm looking for somewhere not too hardcore (only been MB'ing a couple of times), but not too softcore either (I do other boardsports, prepared to take a few knocks, looking for a bit of fun etc). :D

Preferably Dublin Northside, but other Dublin suggestions would be good too...

Thanks,

Mazza

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

there are a few of places in the dubiln/wicklow mountains. the hell fire club(hard core and rocky), three rock(probaly what you are looking for but the longer runs are harder and its a tough walk to the top with the board around half an hour), massey woods(not very hardcore but a great place to learn and lots of rollins) good luck and dont have to many falls.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 lunapark

um to be honest, three rock is shockin for mtb, the tracks are all way too thin for mtb, you c'ant powerslide or anything, there are massive chunks of rock that u c'ant just dodge...its a really unenjoyable experience on the whole.
    hell fire club is much better( the lower forest part ), only in the spring summer season, way to mucky in winter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Chaperonfou

Hey,
    I was just wondering if there was a mountainboarding club or something equivalent around Dublin that would organise events and mountainboarding trips. (i've been few times in surfin dirt up north but I couldn't find anything similar around Dublin)
    Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭jkl

There's a few good beginner spots around the place.

Kingstown estate near sandyford is a nice open glass slope with a few fast sections if you look hard enough.

Massey wood is good, when its dry.

Killiney hill has a few open runs on it.

That's about all i know for beginners...

i'd imagine there's a few good runs off the top of the hellfire headed away fromt he carpark. Same for three rock / two rock on the western side leading off to the blue light pub.

Explore a bit let us know what you find.

Surfin dirt is open again for the 2010 season,

I'm headed up on Sunday (possibly say - flexible) Chaperonfoue is coming too and, we have space for one more in the car.

GASP membership fee is 35sterling, no more pay per use charged after that (with the exception of a 3pound lift charge when the lift's running), that covers you for the whole year.

Not sure what board and pad rental charges, have a look at www.gaspactionsports.com the charges should be on that.

• Advertisement

Just ran two good spots in dublin:

The forest behind the scalp (Enterence at the junction of the barnasligan and murphys lane), fast wide trail, beware of horses (as in dont spook the horses), also car parking is limited at the gate.

Just up the hill from here is the old lead mines, good car park and access to wide gravel tracks, you'd want to be fairly confident in riding over stones, and rough ground.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=53.221889,-6.16554&spn=0.007451,0.018325&t=h&z=16

Advertisement