Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hitman

Options
  • 11-12-2000 3:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭

It plays very well. It might annoy people the way you have to restart a level from the start every time you **** up.. but its sorta like groundhogday, you learn and try it differently. Hear complaints about the 3rd person and what not, but I reckon its spot on.. this is not an fps, this is more like money island/puzzle stuff. Its brilliant each time you figure out how to con the guards. I'm enjoying this lots. I feel like I'm the guy out of taxi driver or the fella in godfather when he knocks the police chief, or leon with the sniper rifle.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Pah, in my day we had to wait a week for the game to even load, if it even loaded at all, then you had one life and you'd get killed 5 seconds into the game and have to spend the next week reloading the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Im currently on that annoying level, but i dont have enemy clothes and i left my sniper rifle behind on the previous level, i think ill repeat the last level to get it back. Although im my opinion a save feature would make it too easy, what would be cool though is if you could scope out the area a few days before the hit so theres no guards and you can plan your attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

You think no save isn't annoying?

I'm on the last mission of the second section (Your in the jungle).

I take 3 minutes to run around to the other end of the compound only to be killed because I opened the wrong door or accidently picked up a mini gun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ThunderingMike

Its good fun really. FEAR MY HARDBALLER! Best weapon in that game by far.

ani_marco.gif Get 'em Marco!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Yeah those where the days Sico.Member that smile.gif

• Advertisement

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Winning Hand:
    Im currently on that annoying level, but i dont have enemy clothes and i left my sniper rifle behind on the previous level, </font>

Ok I don't know if this is the case, but there is a road that leads away from the compound and heads towards the bridge where you had to free the tribal guy on the first level of that round. On the other side of the bridge there was a watch tower. It's possible that it's still there and you can use that to grab a suit?

You can also run left at the start until you reach the corner of the compound. When the 3 people walk by kill them, take a uniform and hide the bodies in the jungle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I'm on one of the Chinatown type levels where I have to go in to the restaurant, open a safe to get something or other, rescue some guy in the basement some place and rescue a hooker to get the safe code. I seem to be wondering around aimlessly. Anyone have a clue what to do on this level ?

Btw, Project IGI is cool

Go talk to the barman. I recommend starting that level with just the knife (fibrewire takes too long). You can stock up on weapons easily.

After you talk with the barman the chain of events should help some way. Come back when your stuck again. smile.gif

There is a glitch you can make use of at the start of the level to pick up an enemy costume. As you enter the building go straight where you see the bald man guarding a small door. Go into the door and let it close and take out the fibre wire. Walk to the door and go up close to it but DONT open it. Release the fibrewire and you mysteriously drag him through the door and hey presto you have more freedom than you had before (Just remember to take his whole body in the door just in case).
    P.S. Even though i did the proper thing with the poison (methinks) i still ended up with an unnessicary kill, maybe it was the fella in green and not yellow i was supposed to DO.
    P.P.S I am now at the hotel for the hit, what a cool level.
    P.P.P.S
    I can seem to get the first part of my mission trouble free but lately all my finishing offs have been blood baths.Not that it bothers me or anything.

• Advertisement

You don't even have to risk cheating to do it. Go to the just outside the toilets, when then the two waiters are finished releaving themselves kill the guard there and drag him into the womans toilets.

I actually beat the game with very little deaths in it. smile.gif Got a massive bonus but I did get an unnessary kill as well (no avoiding it).

Here is how I completed it....
    **** SPOILER WARNING ****
    1. Started off with Knife+Kevlar vest and gun with silencer.

2. Go into the toilet area, kill the guard (knife from behind is instant kill) Drag the body into the womans toilets and take his gun + suit.

3. Walk over and talk to the barman. Grab the flyer and go upstairs to the hookers lounge.

4. Talk to the madam then follow the hooker into the bedroom.

5. Chat with hooker then follow her. When you get to a ladder go up it and follow her again until you get to the big fence. Talk to her and get the safe combination.

There is a red dragon guard nearby, if your bored whack him. (probably best as this now becomes your first safe zone)

6. Head to the basement. There is a door guarded and another guard walking around. Slit the walking guards throat when he's near the sniper rifle area and drag him in around the back of the crate.

7. Walk up behind the guard at the door now and slit his throat and drag him into the cell.

8. Talk to the CIA guy. He tells you which safe to try to open. I tended to ignore that text and opened the wrong safe loads of times. This area now becomes your second safe zone.

Note: Your supposed to go to the CIA guy first, but I did it this way as I never found the CIA guy until much later in the game.

9. Go looking for the safe. It changes from game to game so each one has a different method of completing it. The one upstairs and the one near the pool were the easy ones for me and I beat by slashing the guards in a certain order.

Also do not use your silencer gun if possible. Use the enemies weapons if you have been found out and don't leave an area until guards stop coming at you (rest are out of earshot).

10. Once the safe is open grab the statue and put it in your jacket.

11. Head for the herb shop at the back of the tea room. Talk to the guy there and get the poison.

12. Go back to the toilets and wait for a waiter to appear. Slash his throat and drag him into one of the cubicles. Take his costume.

13. Head to the kitchen, slash the guards throat in the kitchen and drag him in behind the crate at the back.

14. Go over to the soup and poison it. The chef tells you then to bring the soup in.

15. The fat bodyguard insists on tasting it. When he kneels over and dies do not chase your target! Head back to the kitchen and out a side door to your Safe Zone 1.

16. Remember that guard you whacked? Take his Red dragon costume as the people are looking for a waiter.

17. Head back to the basement and walk out to the back area and come up in the lift.

18. It's safe to walk around but don't run (it draws attention for some of the guards).

19. Head upstairs and you'll see your target wandering around with other guards. Head into his office and stand in the corner.

20. When the target comes into the office and walks away from the doorway waste him with the silencer weapon.

Stand with the weapon out and don't move for a minute. The guards will be jumpy but won't suspect anything after a while.

21. Put the weapon in your jacket and then walk down to the boat area. If the guards were alerted it will be a fight to get down to the boat.

22. Kill the guard at the boat and jump into the boat to finish the mission.

.... I was kind of chuffed cause it took me ages to figure it out and it was more rewarding then blowing the crap out of anything that moved (which is also an option)

Just beat the Jungle level, and now I'm in Budapest.

Im in budapest now also, its a strange level but the exploration part of it is fun. Ive already found out two ways to knock the fella off, now i need to find out the role the dentist. Dont know yet why the florist gives you what he gives you as it serves no purpose ( i wont tell you)

lol smile.gif I beat that level on my 3rd go. I only messed up twice on the actual hit due to timing problems. The bomb was easy to find and get.

Almost lost on the 3rd go though, panic set in near the end.

Advertisement