Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Subbed * problem.

• 24-01-2003 1:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,531 ✭✭✭

i logged on today for the first time and when i went to the subbed menu all the forums had new posts.

But when i went up to it again only one or two forums had stars. it mas only a minute or two.

Its like it had refeshed itself or something.

Its really annoying as i dont know which posts i read or i didnt read.

Can you fix it.

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

YES WE CAN!!!

(sorry just in a Bob the Builder mood :) )

Actually, I'm not sure we can until we discover why its happening. We'll undoubtedly look into it though. Its probably Iraq's fault.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Originally posted by DeVore
    Its probably Iraq's fault.

*shakes fist*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,531 ✭✭✭irishgeo

any updates?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Between the SQL Worm and the move over we'v had little time to review this.

I intend sitting down and looking at the code with Cloud/Regi as soon as we can...

Is it still happening for you and can you give me a clear example/description of the problem?

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

I like the mystery of the *'s, it makes boards.ie more organic and friendly. I never know if a forum's been updated in the last 1/2 hour, or whether it's a little die hard * from hours ago that refuses to leave. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,531 ✭✭✭irishgeo

the exact problem is that. i will log an go to my subbed menu. i will most forums with news stars on them. As a i moe through the forums sometimes i notice that the stars disappear from the menu. when i go the the next forum all the new threads have been removed.

Its like its saying i have read all the threads.

all the stars and the threads which were unread at the start of the session can change to being read in a few seconds.

Sorry if this makes no sense and it doesnt happen evrytime but the odd time.

Its kinda annyoing as i dont which threads are new and which old threads have new replies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I think I know what you mean, I'll tell you what happens to me:

-If I have had a period of inactivity for maybe over 15 minutes- the stars will go away. (all stars)

-If I create a new (Internet Explorer 5 -ws2000) page and navigate thru boards - the stars will reappear[and so will the yellow glow to show unread thread] (something to do with cookies I can only presume) even if I have viewed all starred links.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by ozpass
    I like the mystery of the *'s, it makes boards.ie more organic and friendly. I never know if a forum's been updated in the last 1/2 hour, or whether it's a little die hard * from hours ago that refuses to leave. :D

LOL. :D

No, it doesn't bother me either. I usually just look at the status bar to see who and when the last post was, so I know if the star is right or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭domeara01

hey nobody should diss bob the builder.
    he is a contemporary metaller and should be respected but nobody undersatands him but his mama.

up bob the builder.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭domeara01

hey there did anyone go to devs website,
    it is pretty good.
    i tell you.

Advertisement