Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

msr online features

Options
  • 16-12-2000 1:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭

does anyone know when are msr's online features going to be....well.....online?

I Live

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

I don't have the answer to your question but I discovered a really easy way to get ahead in MSR.

After spending the first 3 chapters struggling to get enough kudos points to get to the next chapter, I've finally mastered hand-brake turns to get that extra second in tight corners. Then in chapter4, I experimented on the 3rd Hotlap race with the default time to beat. It was easy and I got the time on the first lap on my first go and then after that I took it easy and used hand-brake turns for every corner (also very easy with a bit of practice).

Now, at the end of the race, I got about 50 points for beating the time but my skill points pushed me up to 800+ points. I also played a joker on that cause I had lots of those and I ended up with 1600+ points for that track alone. Instant new joker and new chapter. Did the same in chapter 5 so now I am in chapter6.

Basically it's too easy to exploit the point system to get to the next chapter. If I want the extra car from a chapter I can just play all stages and give myself an easy goal so I will always finish it. Can't believe they missed something as obvious as this...or maybe it gets a lot tougher later on, there are afterall 25 chapters.

[This message has been edited by Chubby (edited 18-12-2000).]

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

it doesn't really get any harder, and i found out that trick ages ago. but seeing as you can tell from the high score list how someone achieved their kudos, a good player will allways be able to tell if you 'cheated' biggrin.gif

use a joker aswell, i have a stockpile of about 15 (only 5 show on screen at any one time)

Advertisement