Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excellent Exam Revision Courses

Options
  • 24-01-2003 2:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

I`ve noticed that Edco Solutions are running rapid revision courses in UCD, starting on the 22 of Febuary. These courses are geared for the Leaving Cert/ Junior Cert Community. My sister attended the course last year and she said it made her at least 100 extra points in her leaving. Alot of the questions she covered at the course actually came up in her exams! The teachers know exactly what the examinators are looking for. I`ve signed up for the 8 week course, and I think places are running out fast.....
    Compared to the courses thought at the institute, its a different playing field

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭honeymonster

where do yea sign up?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

I did something like that last year in UCD for english. It was a day long thing, biggest load of cack ever!! So boring, you can't wait for it to end!!

If you live near one of the grind schools go into one of there revision courses. You can get in for free or pay, depends on how you feel about not paying. Of course thats not from expierence or anything ;)

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 crevan

The website Address for Edco Solutions is
    www.edcosolutions.ie
    I`ve noticed the site is down at present. I would try it again in a week or two...

cheers :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭rachel

I went to one of these last year for geography and business.
    Not sure if it was edco but it was in UCD and it was excellent, well worth the trip out.
    If it's the same thing then just be prepared to cover a huge amount in a short space of time so be awake. ;)

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

If you want to do well in your leaving cert,
    Go to the institute grinds or revision courses, they are the best thing I have ever done.
    It brought me from a D2 to an B1 in applied maths, and I still havn't done much work.
    It has brought me up from a E in Honours Maths to an A.
    Brought me up from a E in Honours french, to a C-B level, with absolutly no work on my part except paying attention in the grind classes!
    And has brought me from a a barly passing level in english to a C1 in english, and improving with every single class!

Go there, its the best thing I ever did for my leaving cert!

do you still have any of the notes th institute gave yea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭domeara01

well if you get the chance to do it there is a study skill course going around and it is excellent.

i did it last year and it was really good.

do it if you get the chance.

• Advertisement

I would completely disagree with the above speaker. The institute of Education is renowned for its rip off rates, it charges to students. Edco Solutions provides just as good courses in far more comfortable conditions, in small lecture rooms in UCD. They provide excellent revision course notes, mainly exam style answers. If any one would like to get a brouchure send edco a letter with your name a nd address and I`m sure they will send a brouchure out to you

Edco Solutions
    33 Woodbine Rd
    Blackrock
    Co. Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Prices? i'm piss poor at maths and german and need drastic action, institute all my friends go there so i'd be inclined to arse about but it appears to have a lot of "fit girls" as my friends put it attending on a saturday. What the guy/girl ratio at ucd? You've got to consider these factors.

I can only speak from experiance and I havnt done any of the other courses.
    As for the price aspect, you get what you pay for, and I was happy after it.

u in the Friday or Saturday class phb?

I do french on friday, then english then maths on saturday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I believe if he meant the A. Maths, unless you mean that by MAths

Advertisement