Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

http tunelling with PHP

Options
  • 24-01-2003 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭

bit of a webmaster/programming cross-over question

basicly, i have a website on a machine behind a firewall. The firewall machine is visible to the world and has apache wth php support on it.

I want to be able to make my website visible on t'internet and was wondering if there was an easy option using some kind of php script, rather than a heavyweight proxy with a special config (+ all of the security problems that could arise out of that :)).

any advice anyone ? I'm kind of stuck as to what i should do...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭str8_away

If no other machines behind firewall is using port 80 then you can set up 1 to 1 nat.

There should be a setting on your fire wall that can redirect all
    port 80 request to your machine.

Not sure what firewall you are using but all firewall should have this ability.

hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

hey str8_away,

cheers for the reply. i considered that, but its a bit too long term for what I wanted to do...

what i did in the end was to write a socket level tunnel where the other end is fixed conecting to my internal-network webserver.

could probably have used stunnnel, but, we live and learn :)

cheers anyway, it was a good suggestion.

Advertisement