Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easy Listening Wallpaper Indie/Phantom Sell Out

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭rueyn

I know lots of musically-inclined people who adore Prince, but I just have never gotten into the whole thing. I can agree with you and say that he's definitely talented (he writes/plays/produces/et cetera), but definitely not my kind of music. But album archives are always a good idea -- like I said, it introduces me to lots of new stuff :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭anony

What album was featured? I love prince but will be the first to admit that he's put out as much rubbish records as he has brilliant ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Hmmm more Irish bands eh ? No thanks...
    Is it just my imagination or do most of the people looking for more Irish music have an active interest in said bands? Maybe im being harsh i dunno im tired:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

yeah, i think it's just down to a change in taste. in my case, i don't listen to most of the music most of the djs play, so i just don't listen much any more. but there are a couple of shows i love: pearls, the guy who's on in the afternoon on fridays and the guy who does the nine till eleven shift on friday nights ... not really a big fan of his music, but he's ****ing hilarious...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

so, issue resolved now or what?
    i guess its just the fact that the novelty has worn off and thats just so sad it makes me want to cry. maybe my taste in music has changed, i dont really know. maybe phantom should change its name to O2:rolleyes: if people were upset by my thread... i'm sorry (well not really). phantom has done no end of good for the dublin music scene and no one can fault you on your commitment and good danm kick ass coolness. as i said play what ever you want, it'll still be better than the bolllix the other radio stations play.

LONG LIVE PHANTOM

one love

ferdi

ps: pugwall - do i know you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 foigal

I wud like to agree with the message abovr me. You can't really expect to hear all your fave stuff. I tink it wud be kinda impossible to do. BUT i do think its time to have a program devoted to only cheesy 80's music. Then everyone wud realise how lucky dey are and stop moaning.

"i would like to finish with a quote":rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭pugwall

No, you dont know me Ferdi..........

I remember you brought up a topic similar to this about a year ago.............

cauesed some controversy as far as i could remember......

stirring the.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Rob Taylor

anony, the Prince album I featured was Sign O The Times, and caused some controversy on this very board. A classic album and no mistake.

Regards

Rob

Advertisement