Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oni Demo get it now!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Its looking very tasty indeed. Its a shame that my comp locks up every time i try to play it so i can get to the end of the first level (after training) b4 i give up completely. Provided it doesnt turn out to be tombraider for the japs (i.e. impossible jumps and pointless plots) itll be great fun. The animations are superb and the hand to hand combat is spot on, WAN the backbreaker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Jelvon

Pure class , I loved the demo , maybe a bit easy on hard but still smile.gif great craic and if you are crap at hand to hand just whip out the pistol wink.gif graphical it is sweet and those levels were designed by architects .. GREAT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Hmmm, I was disappointed personally. The hand to hand combat seems to be a lot more basic and unvaried than I had expected, and the graphics aren't exactly stunning - a bit of Jet Set Radio style cel-shading would have done wonders for the game, given that they're obviously looking for an anime feel.

I'm also a bit surprised by the framerate - they aren't throwing very many polygons around (although the texturing detail is nice), but it doesn't really get a particularly good framerate even on a top-end system. Odd; smacks of lazy optimisation.

Ja,
    Rob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Hmmm, I was disappointed personally. The hand to hand combat seems to be a lot more basic and unvaried than I had expected, and the graphics aren't exactly stunning - a bit of Jet Set Radio style cel-shading would have done wonders for the game, given that they're obviously looking for an anime feel.

I'm also a bit surprised by the framerate - they aren't throwing very many polygons around (although the texturing detail is nice), but it doesn't really get a particularly good framerate even on a top-end system. Odd; smacks of lazy optimisation.

Ja,
    Rob

Advertisement