Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vice City

Options
  • 24-01-2003 7:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭

In the Cherry Popper factory mission where you do the deliveries I cannot get the Ice Cream van music to turn on.It tells you to park your van and turn on the music by pressing the L3 analog button.So how come when I stop my van and press L3 nothing happens?Is there some special places Im supposed to park?

Also,everybody has been telling me that they have a helicopter on top of their mansion but I only ever had this once.After I flew the drugs from the ice cream factory to the airport in the helicopter I started to fly home but crashed and exploded on the way.When I went back to my house there was a helicopter on the roof but since then it has disappeared.Why?
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Sometimes it's hard to get the music to turn on. Try stopping completely and pressing and holding L3 for about a second. Repeat until it works.

The helicopter is only here at certain times of the day, and even then it's random. Also, as I have advanced in the game I've noticed that it seems to be there more often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

Thanks for the info but it still aint working:mad: I found this on one site
    "The only problem I’ve encountered so far that tarnishes the gameplay has been a few bugs in the game, one of which renders the Cherry Popper missions unplayable. When you’ve acquired the Cherry Popper ice cream company as an asset, you were supposed to drive around in the ice cream truck and sound the jingle – a signal for the junkies to come and get their fix – unfortunately, pressing the R3 button to play it does not work, leaving you unable to do the missions at all."
    Shouldnt that be L3?Anyways......

Heres another comment on a glitch

"Man, I really feel for those who have had to start the game all over again
    because of the glitch at the Cherry Popper Ice cream place.
    Many people have reported this glitch.
    People report that after saving at the Ice Cream Place and then loading the
    game,
    the game says "Load Successful" and then the game stays on with the
    black screen and it never loads."

Also this
    "Chances are most of you won't run into this problem.
    However if you like to experiment with possible easter eggs and find
    secrets in the game like me you could be in some trouble.
    I landed a helicopter in a pay and spray to fix it.
    It turned out that this gave your helicopter wheels like a regular car. "
    But dont put a boat into the pay and spray(god knows how you would manage to anyway).It fcuks up the radio.

Load of interesting info on problems here

http://faqs.ign.com/articles/377/377478p1.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by The Gopher
    So how come when I stop my van and press L3 nothing happens?

tap it. press down on it for as little time as you can possibly manage. the same with sirens on the ambulance, police car, fire engine

can anyone help me?

you know when you must get the bikers to do security at a Love Fist concert and you have to cause mayhem on the bike. how is it done. i can't get that bar to move very far at all?
    thanking you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

If you want a helicopter after you load a game at either the mansion or the Hyman condo, you need to move away from the helipad a good distance to allow it to 'spawn'. At the mansion, get in your car, drive to the arch at the west entrance starfish island and then drive back to the mansion. Your chopper will have spawned.

At Hyman condo it's much easier - which is why I used it as my base for most of the game. You just walk east from the save point, between the two traffic cones and across the street to the lamp-post on the corner. Then turn around and go back to the condo and into the lift to the roof, your the chopper will have spawned.

Doing this will get your chopper to spawn like 90% of the time.. the key is getting far away from the helipad so the chopper is set-up to spawn when you return close to it again.

I lost patience with that Delivery mission, sometimes the horn worked and sometimes it didn't. You don't need it to beat the game anyway.

As for that Biker mission, the key is to cause fear and chaos. You must damage as many *different* cars/people as possible, it is not necessary to kill anyone. Just keep driving and shooting forwards with your gun, hitting as many unique cars/bikes/people as possible in the time limit. You'll hear the 'bing' sound when you hit someone or something for the first time and a little chunk will be added to your chaos bar. Usually each car you come across is worth a little chaos so put a few bullets into each and move on.

Teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

another way to do biker mission is tro aquire a tank and just drive around blowing up everything :)

Getting the tank is the only problem then but its not that difficult :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Mikill

There is also another way but it is kinda cheating , so look away
    if you want to do it the real way.

*SPOILER ALERT*
    Basically , you get a car and blow it up , then get an SMG or Rifle
    and shoot at it non-stop , till the counter fills up to the last.

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    tap it. press down on it for as little time as you can possibly manage. the same with sirens on the ambulance, police car, fire engine

can anyone help me?

you know when you must get the bikers to do security at a Love Fist concert and you have to cause mayhem on the bike. how is it done. i can't get that bar to move very far at all?
    thanking you

Cheers I will try it but the police cars etc always work fine for me without having to make any extra effort:confused:
    As said get the tank(cheat is circle, circle, L1, circle, circle, circle, L1, L2, R1, triangle, circle, triangle.)
    Just crash the tank into all traffic and fire the missiles wildly and you will get the bar up in seconds.

Anyways,Im ignoring the ice cream facotry for the time being seeing as I as of yet havent been able to get it to work.Im wondering if I borrow a friends version of Vice City will his work,as he had no problem getting his music to work.At the mo I am on the first printworks mission.Fafvourite missions so far was the bank robbery(I started to shoot the hostages and they attacked my men :D )and the one where I have to drive an injured Phil Cassidy to hospital while drunk on the strong fumes of his moonshine is also very funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

i meant get the tank without cheating.
    You know, lots of cops after you :)

Havin to cheat to finish the game is well err...cheating :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

drive an injured Phil Cassidy to hospital while drunk on the strong fumes of his moonshine is also very funny.

not funny for me. i nearly got sick doing that. looking at the wavy screen had one wierd effect on me

Cheers lads all is working fine now-you just seem to need the right touch when pressing L3 for the music.
    Its an annoying enough mission though-yesterday on my first attempt I had 45 odd deliveries done when a cop came out of nowhere and busted me:(
    As for cheating I do it all the time:) I see it that it saves you time by not having to go halfway across town and buy the weapons you need when you can just get them by pressing a few buttons.

• Advertisement

Err.. just buy the guns once and save your game. If you die, get busted, or simply use up too much ammo doing a mission then reload.

Or you could get the first 40 packages or so, which will give you all the ammo you need for the Colt Python, and armour to boot..

Teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

As said get the tank(cheat is circle, circle, L1, circle, circle, circle, L1, L2, R1, triangle, circle, triangle.)
    Do this twice. Pause the game and go to stats. Congratulatons, you are now untrustable!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Cheats suck. My way gaurentees it in 3 attempts at the most.

When you get on a boke outside the bar dirve around the block to where the police car is parked outside the copshop.

Then drive up that road and find the fire engine which is a very short distance away and is on the opposite end of the road.

All you then have to do is blow up the cop car, turn around go up blow up the fire truck and go banck to the parked cop car again and it will be repaired so you can blow it up again and then go back up to the fire engine..................so on till the bar fills.

Am i good or wot?

Or you could do what my friend did, and get all 100 packages early on in the game. Then do that mission with an attack helicopter! muahaha! :D

Teeth.

Advertisement