Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modem/telephone wire problem

Options
  • 24-01-2003 8:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭

I am wondering if this is a common problem, I run a phone lead from Modem to Eircon phone plug socket no Joy, I have to cut the plug of the end and wire it up directly inside the box, why is this? I'd much prefer to use a proper plug. Any ideas ??Modem is HSFP world Micro Modem Internal.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Ok what do you mean by no joy? connector not fitting suggests an english connector which means just buying an adapter. If it plugs in correctly and won't work Either replace the plate if you know how or call out an Eircon engineer. Have you tried testing it with a second cable?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

If it's an English telephone plug (RJ44) then you need to get an adaptor. Argos sell them for about two or three euros. I heppen to have an unopened one in the drawer here so here's the ref number: 882/2709 (how's that for boards.ie service!)

Alternatively just get a regular phone cable down your local shop - they'll all work.

Advertisement