Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is there any way to record a telephone conversation?

• 24-01-2003 10:11pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Simple question... i'd like to record a telephone conversation (with the consent of the other party) with reasonable quality.
    I need to be able to get both sides of the conversation.

Any ideas?

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭regi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

Can be done with the Nokia 8310. Qualitys not bad but you can only record about three minutes or so. Very useful if your getting nasty calls and theres no probs with the cops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

There used to be a site called blacksomething, (blackhat or maybe blackjack) that used to have a load of great prank calls. Yer man had a detailed tutorial on how to record telephone coversations. He did one prank call to he's telephone company's help desk that spawned so many copy cat calls that then disconnected him :). Well I can't remember the name nor find it on google so I'm guessing its completely shut down or I've got the name wrong. I remember reading around 4-5 years ago.

[edit]Didn't find the old site but this should do the trick, http://www.franksworld.com/pranks/faq.html#howrecord
    [/edit]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

(...and we shouldn't really ask why you would, but... :D)

I'm reliably informed that the best-of-breed telephone conversation capture devices are the so-called "WatsonLinc" type, as they don't actually interfere with the phone line electrically (some kind of inductive loop with band pass filters to get around the hybrid coder, I understand) so the (detectable) noise you'd get from something like the Peats option is eliminated. Maplin have them, but they're heart-stoppingly expensive - about 190 sterling for one like that in the link above, but comes complete with a tape deck and all the other bits - it should be possible to get the actual Watsonlinc "adaptor" on its own for a lot less.

HTH,
    Gadget

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Maplin also sell that little item Xithus gave a link to. Connect it to a sterro, press record, bob's your uncle. There are a number of software solutions (my modem seems to be able to record conversations) but assuming it's a land line call, the Xithus solution is probably the best.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Xithus and everyone, thanks for the help (:^p to Regi)

I'll get one of those, it looks perfect for the job.... now for some fun :)

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Tom are you trying to record your phone calles to those "sex lines"?

For later "use"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Did ya know if you ask someone to repeat what they said, it is inadmissible in court??

well it is in england or US?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Crank calls from the boards.ie loyalists perhaps ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I don't think the OP needs recommendations on this anymore.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement