Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help, high pitched whine

• 24-01-2003 11:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

After about 20 or 30 mins. I get a really high pitched whine from my tower case that would make a dog vomit.

Has anyone ever gotten this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

I'd suggest opening the case when you hear it and see if you can isolate where it is coming from. It most likely to come from one of your fans, but make sure it isnt coming from a hard drive as you could be running into trouble...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Yea, check the fans. The fan on my Graphics Card stutters, slows down and speeds up at various intervals... making some awful sounds :\

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Hmmm .. something heating up and getting some friction ...could be a fan ... but my bet is the hard drive ... I have an IBM that is doing my head in (after 15 to 20 minutes from cold) .. its been doing this for a year

Advertisement