Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Copyright question? Answer needed ASAP

Options
  • 25-01-2003 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭

i have a clip of an interview from a radio station in britain (talksport). I want to host it on my website so users can download it.

Whats the story on copyright etc?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

the copyright in that recording is owned by the radio station and technically what you're proposing to do is illegal.

the worst that can happen is that you will be sued - though as daveirl says they might just send a cease and desist letter.

if they do then you can be sure that your ISP will be pissed off with you and will terminate your account yadda yadda yadda

you could always *ask* them ; if it's a short clip and not for commercial gain plus you link to their site they might say yes and you'd be in the clear.

Advertisement