Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Sony CD Changer into a Seat Ibiza?

Options
  • 25-01-2003 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭

I've been offered a Sony 10 Disc changer at the right price (€70) and was wondering if it will connect up to the head unit in my 1997 Seat Ibiza. I haven't had the car stereo out yet so I dont know what connection is on it. The changer has a blue lead with a round DIN type connector about 15mm diameter.

Does anyone know who makes Seat's stereos for them?

If they use a different connection are adaptors available?

I would like to keep the original head unit to keep prying eyes away.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭tech

This Sony Cd Changer wont work with yourt Seat Radio unless you have a Sony Radio in the Seat, Or Unless its a stand alone Sony CD Changer ???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Talk to JPG as he's the best man (IMHO) for this sort of thing. I have a pioneer 8 disc changer working off my MK3 Ibiza head unit without any problems. There should be an adapter out there if the connections dont match straight off any way.

Opps I forgot JPG isn't on this site.... Give in car technoligies a call in Galway (if thats not to far for you to go) and they will sort it out for you...

kayos

Advertisement