Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

*this* is the best way to become a mod....(GAA board created)...

• 25-01-2003 12:43pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've created the GAA board (since they've finally stopped shouting for it and gotten down to actually talking about GAA on the Sport forum.

I've made Alany mod primarily because he is interested in the topic and because, despite thinking that a board wasnt going to be forthcoming he was still being helpful to others as evidenced here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77302

If more people took this route they wouldnt have to ask "how do I become a mod!".

I think we probably need a munster Mod to balance his extreme Dublin bias though... we'll see what happens over time :)

DeV.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Er... where is it? Not under Sport and Alany has the white stars of a Mod but no "Mod: GAA" or anything, still a "Fast Newbie" :]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

The magic script fairies come along at night and hand out such presents and recode the navigation...

I bet Gordons already got first post (there are ways and means to get to the forum before tomorrow...)

DeV.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Gordon

Mod: Personal Issues, Kittencake
      First post!! 
    FIRST POST WHOOOO000000OOOOTTT!!!

(Well done Alany old bean whot!)

Now I bet you all think I went there, saw that post and then posted mine!!! I swear I didnt LOL...

Clockwork, Gordon... clockwork you freak! lol

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

GAA has been struggling for a presence on the internet for a long time. I haven’t found anywhere to talk about it outside of the pub
    or GAA matches, Until I found boards.ie that is.

Im fairly chuffed about this and with all the excitement and the GAA's increasingly high profile and new chairman I think this will be a very popular forum.

Thanks DeV and anyone else involved in giving lonely GAA supporters a place to set up camp and grow like some soft of fungus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Originally posted by DeVore

Clockwork, Gordon... clockwork you freak! lol

DeV.
    Heh! I actually was passing by Admin on my cruising browser, I saw your post entitled "yadda yadda GAA board created" so I whisked myself away as fast as I could to the sport menu and found a lovely ripe batch of white snow ready for my "leet" graffitti. (How sad that I have not yet kicked the habit of first post - toking)
    !

Alany go here for a cup of coffee, and go here to permanently ban all of those non-Dubbers! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Ban them bad.

Dublin for capital city.

Cheers Gord.

But i like those little culchies, they make our milk and milk our government and give us that begora stereotype...wait I hate those feckers...

Ad majorum Dublinium glorium

If I could spell in latin that would look cool .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

nior carveum illigitimi

(don't let the bastards cut you up).

Originally posted by Alany
    Ad majorum Dublinium glorium

If I could spell in latin that would look cool .

You werent by any chance educated by the Jessies?

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

think we probably need a munster Mod to balance his extreme Dublin bias though...

And it starts from there ...

And don't forget about Connaught, Ulster, Leinster and the Rest of the Pale. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

yes this isnt going to be a case of forgetting about the 31 other counties yes yes indeed this year shall be roscommons! rar! well hopefully ...........maybe...........no not really we enjoy naked pool far too much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Don't forget about The Banner County! (is it still 1995? )

we enjoy naked pool far too much

For those of you who don't remember the headlines the Rosscommon Senior Football team (it was hardly going to be hurling) engaged in some shenannigans which got them onto the front pages of many newspapers.

Really!? i mean uh yeah thats what i was on about

Ballinlough uncovered:

A fly on the wall encounter with the drunken lives of the people who enhabit the *strip* in Ballinlough ;)

(I presumed you were referring to the Footballers.)

Yes yes ballinlough uncovered i am a vice a queen tbh,

on another note yeah i think it was the footballers but eh in the words of that kerry guy their all a bunch of ****ing animals

What in sam hill are the Jessies ?
    RE:
    You werent by any chance educated by the Jessies?

With regards to this whole bias thing let me assure all you people im both fair and wise just take a look at my view of the world order

DUBLIN

People that like Dublin and want to be from dublin (see wicklow)

REST OF WORLD

David Hasselhoff

The Queen

Meath ( hoping to have their name changed to Pig F**Kers )

In that order

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Originally posted by Alany
    What in sam hill are the Jessies ?

The Jesuits?

Advertisement