Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Croke Park - Open its doors to evil soccer ?

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Besides when knowledge of the rules is the preserve of a few, this
    confers a certain power on these few, which is unhealthy and
    undemocratic
    . Are there 40 people in this hall who could confidently
    put a motion in order for Congress? Are there 30? Are there 20? Are
    there 10? I emphasise this because it doesn't have to be like this,
    it's not like this in most other organisations and it mustn't be like
    this much longer. Hopefully the Rules Revision Committee, who have done
    much work over the past year can re-draft the Rule Book that makes it
    relatively easy for voluntary officials to master.

So there set-up is "undemocratic".

I really hope they can sort this out because the GAA are getting some serious bad PR out of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Mighty_Mouse

Soccer and Rugby have their own stadium, it's called Lasdowne road incase you didn't know. Oh and they also allow other sports there too!!
    :confused: so whats your problem?
    P.S does that mean that you don't need the buckets for seats anymore
    I was talking about people post8ing on this forum, thats what the discussion was about
    how was my reply not in line with this?
    I would have great gratitude if they opened it up, I honestly would.
    Really? Ok lets open it:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Originally posted by irish1
    So there set-up is "undemocratic".

I really hope they can sort this out because the GAA are getting some serious bad PR out of this.
    lol, you finally got the word you were looking for!
    I think undemocratic was the wrong word to use here. The point is basically that the rules are there but they are difficult to understand. They definitely give the impression that the association is undemocratic but for me it's just an impression. If they were so undemocratic do you think the powers that be would be trying to change this perception and making the rules easier to understand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I would like to see soccer played at Croaker as long as its the GAA's decision and they are allowed make it without outside influence.
    I,m pretty sure the Organisation could do with the revenue generated from soccer matches and it would only be the bigger Internationals that would need the capacity of Croke park after Landsdown is developed so with proper fixture management it could be facilitated. .

I have little doubt that the financial benefits will see Soccer allowed in the near future.

Advertisement