Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The eircom ISDN box thingy on the wall.....

Options
  • 25-01-2003 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

Still have one of these on our wall, even though we've no phone line. 3 Questions:

1. What's it actual name?

2. It's been there for nearly a year now, how long before I can claim it as my property and try to sell it on?

3. Would anyone buy it? How much? :p

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Its called a Terminal Adapter afaik. I have one too with about 40 foot of isdn cable if anybody wants it. Basically i just ripped the whole thing out of my house when i got dsl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

I have one of these grey isdn plug and play units spare since I got adsl. Eircom said they would collect it months ago but I assume they don't want it so if any one here wants it PM me and you can have it FOC.

Cheers
    RED

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

what use would a second one b

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Originally posted by elexes
    what use would a second one b

Alot of people have the old type adaptor which only has an ISDN connection so you can only use an ISDN phone with it and the one I have has two analog out connections for phones or modem in addition to the ISDN connections, Aswell as that someones unit might have a dead port or be otherwise faulty and I'm just saying I have one lying arround if anybody has use for it:)

Cheers
    Redshift

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭acous

AFAIK its not called a terminal adapter its called a network termination unit. they tend to break a lot, eircon tend to replace them for free.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

Originally posted by seamus
    Still have one of these on our wall, even though we've no phone line. 3 Questions:

1. What's it actual name?
    NTU Network termination Unit

2. It's been there for nearly a year now, how long before I can
    claim it as my property and try to sell it on?
    It will always belong to Eircom afaik

3. Would anyone buy it? How much? :p
    its worthless give it back or chuck it

Advertisement