Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Board

• 25-01-2003 4:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭

Board title : Motorsports
    Private : N

To Discuss formula 1,rally, sportscars and the like post up race dates, driver tables and links etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

thumbs up for a motorsports forum.

New '03 Rally season started this weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

aye you are right, motor sport forum is much better, rally is also teh leet, who does coverage for it on irish channels do you know?

I don't really follow rally but it is a great motorsport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Non tacit support for a forum about driving motor vehicles very fast.

Perhaps called the "driving stuff fast" forum... or the other option 'motorsports'.

Note: Use unleaded petrol or better yet, hydrogen fuel cell technology, if you can get 'the spooks' to stop suppressing the technology.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

yup yup icon14.gificon14.gif
    heartly endorse etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Would this not fall under the alraeady existing sport or motors boards?

• Advertisement

it would kinda fall under sport, but i was thinking of something more specific, and motorsport has nothing really to do with motors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Thumbs up, could be a usefull board.

Well, tbh 'Motorsports' with teh rally and all that.
    Monster trucks, and all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭^CwAzY^

And will the board actually be called 'Fromula 1' ?

Motorsports now, i will change first post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Originally posted by Typedef
    Note: Use unleaded petrol or better yet, hydrogen fuel cell technology, if you can get 'the spooks' to stop suppressing the technology.

I'd support a hydrogen fuel cell Formula 1 :)
    who does coverage for it on irish channels do you know?

From last season, RTE just showed the Rally highlights on Mon or Tue night on N2
    They dont have live rights to the Rally Championship.

IFFF I remember right, twas Peter Collins. Dont think there is many motorsport commentators in RTE.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

i don't see the point of such a board, there's already a motor's board, u could just rename it to motors / motor sports?

Originally posted by daveirl
    I hope so :)

well spotted!

i was trying to act as if i hadn't noticed the inverted commas and taken it as a valid question

pfff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Mistakill

i'll support it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,531 ✭✭✭irishgeo

i would like to see this board as i have a huge interest in motorsports espically formula 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

Would the forum include the technical side of motorsport? I've been building hillclimb/rally cars with my Dad since I was 6 and hence have loads of (boring) info. to spout on the subject.

I'm for it either way. Trucklester for mod.

yeh that kinda motorsports to :P

i like a bit of mudplugging myself ;)

only ever seen hillclimbing on eurosport but its class.

I'm actually talking about the Hillclimb/Sprint type of hillclimbs where you drive up a tarmacc'ed twisty hill and your run is timed. Pilbeam MP28 with 4.0 Cosworth DFV versus March MR9 Formula 5000 with 3.5 Judd V10 kinda hillclimb. Vroom Vroom!:p

If you create it I'll post some pics of Geoff Hammonds 1000+ BHP Audi Quattro Pike's Peak car (he's a mate of my dad).

omg, pikes peak u say, 1000bhp+ car u say.

for the love of god we need this board just for that one picture!

and mebbe an attached wav file of wat it sounds like:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Originally posted by ozpass
    Pilbeam MP28 with 4.0 Cosworth DFV versus March MR9 Formula 5000 with 3.5 Judd V10 kinda hillclimb. Vroom Vroom!:p
    lol!
    OZ, what language is that?! :p

OZ, what language is that?!

Forgot to mention Gordon: I speak fluent Oil-Change. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

Well its a hard choice. As Azezil said alot of things are discussed on the motors forum even the technical things relating this. This forum would have to come under the sports section though and not in the After Hours.

I think there would be enough traffic on this forum and even I would be going there but because of the motors forum it might not be the best things.

see what Dev says

and even I would be going there

Runfree:

Based on your posting rate, if you spent 5 minutes a day on the board it'd have enough traffic to justify its existence. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

Originally posted by ozpass
    Runfree:

Based on your posting rate, if you spent 5 minutes a day on the board it'd have enough traffic to justify its existence. :rolleyes:

True.

But then again Im posting f all at the moment.

I did have an average of 12.5 a day at one stage but that has dropped. must have just been the first month

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

WellI was going to agree with Azezil and say that we should move the Motors over and call it Motors / Motor Sports...

but then I took a look into the Motors forum and its *jammers* lol... ( I dont drive so I rarely go there...).

I think this is probably a good board idea and I have juuuuust the mods in mind... :)

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

Originally posted by Kaimera
    I'd support a hydrogen fuel cell Formula 1 :)

From last season, RTE just showed the Rally highlights on Mon or Tue night on N2
    They dont have live rights to the Rally Championship.

IFFF I remember right, twas Peter Collins. Dont think there is many motorsport commentators in RTE.

ta kaimera btw

an ta in advance DeVore for making the board, it shoudl be quite busy during f1 weekends and rally events (and hillclimbing events....i think :P)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Originally posted by TruckledUncivil
    an ta in advance DeVore for making the board, it shoudl be quite busy during f1 weekends and rally events (and hillclimbing events....i think :P)
    Citroen's 1-2-3 in Monte Carlo should give us plenty to talk about initally.

Originally posted by DeVore
    WellI was going to agree with Azezil and say that we should move the Motors over and call it Motors / Motor Sports...

but then I took a look into the Motors forum and its *jammers* lol... ( I dont drive so I rarely go there...).

I think this is probably a good board idea and I have juuuuust the mods in mind... :)

DeV.

comments retracted :P

cheers DeVore

Advertisement