Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Typing Of The Dead

Options
  • 27-12-2000 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭

"In The Typing Of The Dead, you run through House of the Dead 2, but instead of firing a light-gun you type a word that is displayed onscreen in front of the creature attacking you. The faster and more accurately you type the words, the faster you'll kill the zombies and the higher you're score will be"

LOL biggrin.gif

More info here

"Three o'clock is always too late or too early for anything you want to do"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

this game sucks so bad , it swallowd its own tongue.
    dont go near this game , dont even throw stones at it.
    thats how **** it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

LOL, looks fun smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i have the demo and i have to say it is actually really good fun.
    its not meant to be for the serious gamer, its a typing tutor for gods sake.
    if it means learning to touch type is loads of fun then hey, thats all the better.
    better than mavis bevis or whatever that stupid old program use to be...!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

It's a better laugh than Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing anyway smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I hear they are bringing out "Mavis Beacon's Type Raider". Where a lara croft lookalike runs around a maze and the faster you type the bigger her breats get.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

Lol hobbes....

But the game is kewl, its fun and its original like...

UP DA DUBS!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭pat kenny

I playe it and its rather good,but I doubt it was developed for europeens it was probly developed for the japs to learn to type on there dreamcast or something.
    Does anyone know?

Your mother was a hampster and your father smelt of elderberries!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Yep - I got a jap version of this for the Dreamcast, never thought it'd actually see the light of day over here though. I'm glad that it has - it's one of the most innovative and fun titles that I've seen in ages. Sega are great like this, bringing out new and innovative concept games; it's amazing what desperation can do for the productivity of their development teams! smile.gif

Typing of the Dead is House of The Dead 2, but rather than a lightgun, you use your keyboard. Type a full word fast enough, the zombie dies. Bosses are cool - you might only be able to type at certain times, or in one case, you are asked questions and three possible answers float up. You have to type the right answer fast enough to shoot the boss creature...

It doesn't sound like much - and if you're a hunt and peck typist, you probably won't have much fun, although there is an extensive typing tutorial in the game itself, so it's perfectly useable as a typing teacher. If you already have a good WPM rate and so on, then it's just plain good fun - it doesn't take itself seriously, it's a bit risque at times, and it's an excellent challenge. And it sure as hell is different smile.gif

Ja,
    Rob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭rumpelstiltskin

it's pretty funny.
    you know in the demo when you see the cut scenes between levels and the good guys are armed with....

dreamcasts that are strapped to their backs and a keyboard that hangs over the front of them on shoulder straps.

That's just a bit nuts

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

its not the same as 'apple save the world' like with independence day, 'dreamcast save racoon city' or whereever it may be is pretty good smile.gif
    and they do look funny with the keyboards strapped to their fronts and little boxes strapped to their backs.
    thought i saw a flash od PS there at one stage, but its an unconfirmed sighting!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭[IAR]Nevermind

tis a good laugh when ur bored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭THE SPERMINATOR

ITS GREAT FUN TILL THE BIG WORDS KICK IN THEN AAAHHHHGGGGGGG PANIC. biggrin.gif

Stone

Advertisement