Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker Arcades

Options
  • 26-01-2003 11:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

Well, lads and ladies just wondering if anyone knows any good arcades around the country that have video poker machines. Looking for anywhere that the machines play well. Preferably a place that you dont get barred from for winning though.
    Playing a bit around waterford and wexford at the minute but nothing special around except for Freddies in Tramore where you get barred for making money.

:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

Star Amusements Bray Co Wicklow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭cheersfred

nice one do they have limits up there? are the machines restricted or are they open?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Cheersfred, you sound like a right dodgy sort. Any tips on how to beat the machines then ?

Freddies are like that, why I got barred there myself in my youth for falling off a super hang on cabinet with a couple of cheap ciders in me.

Did you try the snooker club in waterford, entrance next to the brasserie outside city square, been there a million times, can't recall the name, pot black ? They have a poker machine room in there.

I know the place your on about Sullys is the name of it. Worst machines i have ever come across and they dont like you making money in there either. Freddies machines are probably the best around but not much fun it cant play them.
    I'm looking for a place that has a high turn over and doesnt have the machines turned down? anyone else know of any places??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

bray is fine machines are ok
    u can win no problem I've seen ppl win up to 1000 and walk out no probs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 BOP

How do you know if the machines are "turned down"? And anyway its impossible to "make money" in the long term off thoose machines. Is it not?:(

Amen are there many arcades in Bray or is that only one worth going into

@Bop you can tell if a machine is playing well or not by the hands it gives. You can usually tell if a machine is worth playing with in 10 or 15 euro. But it depends on how many credits you get for a euro be 10 or 25. Also there are numerous different machines with different borads some will not allow you to gamble past 1600 credits some that clock up at 6400 or my favourite the machines with no limits :D but they arevery few and far between.
    I know of quite a few people live from poker machines ie car rent and bottles. But they are the exception. But i suppose its the same as everything you need to know what your doing.

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Ned Kelly's on O'Connell Street (Dublin) has poker machines...

It's been a while since I've played them but a mate of mine won a couple of hundred a few time (a good while ago though)

Have you a system for beating them ?

It would depend on few factors the type of machine is it restricted the arcade will they payout the money. But yes there are ways of beating the machines or at least putting the odds in your favor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

/me all ears....

You need to find out what type of board is in the machine. best way of that is go in and see how other people are playing them and what they get. There are boards that have 6400 limit on and 10 bet royal flush (these can take some time to crack) . Then theres bonous machines where you get a bonus for going hi lo across the 1st borad or 5 cards on a gamble (quick machines 4 or 5 hours tops). Then you have the noraut boards that have no limits and you can gamble till your hearts content can make 1000 to 1500 easy and fast if the machine is right. But the thing is to play with yours not with your money let others do the ground work.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

I'm afraid I have to say that you do not know what you are talking about. I work for Automatic Amusements on dorset street. They distribute poker machines amongst pubs. They also have a little arcade next door called lady luck.

It quite simply works on ratios, that's it.

It knows exactly how much money is in the box, how much it will give out and how much profit give or take a few quid it will make.

You CANNOT win off these machines over an extended period.

One thing to watch for though, if you see a person playing for a long time and no large withdrawal is made from the machine, chances are if you play for a short period, the machine is more in your favour because it has taken in more money.

Slaanesh.

[EDIT] Bit harsh at the start of my post there, he does have a clue just my point is you cannot "Beat" these machines. [/EDIT]

Sorry lad i'll have to disagree with you granted they work on a %. But as you are in the business you will know of the 2nd series Noraut board which had no restrictions on it unless they were altered after leaving the factory, these machines will gladly pay out E1000 if played correctly.
    Also if a machine looses its memory its prime picking. So if you get a series of arcades with in a distance of each other that have these machine you can make a living (did if for long enough).
    With regard to ratios machines that are sent to pubs will always have a tighter ratio as 2 people have to be paid the publican and the machine owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Cheersfred you are obviously an exception to the rule. Any of the people I've known over the years that used poker machines all lost money. In fact in Ireland I have never heard of anyone who has won on an ongoing basis. There seems to be little regulation of these machines in Ireland so I would think they are heavily skewed in favour of their owners. Poker machines are a mugs game IMHO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 jamieboy

Machines work on %.Thats why there's amusement arcades in every town,becausae you alway's lose in the end.

Advertisement