Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Mod Creation Rules....

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

Originally posted by Mercury_Tilt
    You should do the honourable thing at this stage and resign your mod ship. And give it to me. You have brought dishonour on boardsie and possibly your family. Next thing you know Bush will find a connection between you and Iraq and he will use you as an excuse.

Do you really want to be responsible for the whole Iraq war? Are you?

How can you sleep at night?

I would love to be responsible for the Iraq war. I'd go against them idiotic americans anyway.

Give up my Modship. sure no probs. I don't mind in all fairness. Its extra work and ya don't get paid for it.

Give it to you. Ummmm NO! The Admins can find some-one suitable for this if they like and if they really want they can take my Mod ship at anytime but I don't think that is going to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Luckily this tuna sanwhich is of such fine tastyness as to counter the hurt

of all the fine comments posted on this thread thus far, the above makes the most sense.

oh and I also love the way Runfree has learned the art of trolling with the Iraq War comment.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

wait.... lets swarm someone.

..... bags not me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,531 ✭✭✭irishgeo

all these people who want to be mods just want the POWER man!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan
    did you hear the one about the boards.ie sekrit society that broke up under a huge troll because there was one member who always hung around and wasnt liked?

Well... no, not if it was a sekrit...

oh and the "my point still stands" was in reffrance to Toms post about the blonde being woman or a man.

also if you are going to say something like that, maybe you should back up your statements? Or could it just be that you can really be a prat when you want to be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by Runfree
    Typedef,

That average used to be 12.5 a day. I only post about 4-5 post a day on average. at one stage I had 50 post in a day.

I remember in one week I put over 175 post so it is quite a difference and it takes time for the average to drop.

No offence, but ...

WHO CARES!?!?

really, like!

postcountenvy.jpg

This thread could have (and probably should have) been locked after the 2nd post. Definitely should have been locked once WWMan and Runfree started comparing their nobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

The Admins can find some-one suitable for this if they like and if they really want they can take my Mod ship at anytime

Getting a bit of a brown nose there old chap. Here's your new avatar:

brownfree.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by Bard
    No offence, but ...

WHO CARES!?!?

really, like!

postcountenvy.jpg

This thread could have (and probably should have) been locked after the 2nd post. Definitely should have been locked once WWMan and Runfree started comparing their nobs.

coming from the man who patrols peoples sigs......

• Advertisement

roffle OZPASS....pld !

i didnt know that WWM, imagine the power of SMAT where Bard amongst the ranks.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Gaz

Can I just ask why Runfree was made a mod ?

I had assumed he was a self defence expert and would then be an ideal choice but after looking at one of his posts he only started lessons 2 weeks ago and dosnt know what "sparing" is.

I have nothing against you runfree put i think that board needs a more "qualified" mod.

Originally posted by Darth Homer
    Can I just ask why Runfree was made a mod ?

I had assumed he was a self defence expert and would then be an ideal choice but after looking at one of his posts he only started lessons 2 weeks ago and dosnt know what "sparing" is.

I have nothing against you runfree put i think that board needs a more "qualified" mod.

Very true. Im not an expert and I know this that is why I questioned this aswell. All I am doing to this forum is that no one is gonna start messing on it.

coming from the man who patrols peoples sigs......

No, coming from me.

I haven't pointed out anything about anybodys 'sig' in months. It's those 'SMAT' muppets you're looking for.

Having fun? :rolleyes:

to be fair Darth Homer, Runfree suggested it. Now that in of itself as DeV points out isnt grounds for modship, but Runfree is enthusiastic about it.

IMO he should be mod, for at least as long until someone with the same enthusiasm and more experience/knowledge comes along

/me throws a wink at Mercury_Tilt

Well another valid point.

It does not concern me though if I am Mod of this Forum.

I am just glad that there is a Forum with my general intrest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

It does not concern me though if I am Mod of this Forum.

Here's a tiny violin:

violin.jpg

And it's playing just for you!

P.S. Dropping out of the 'Runfree bashing' here. The lad's just enthusiastic (he hasn't done anything wrong like).

No, coming from me.

I haven't pointed out anything about anybodys 'sig' in months. It's those 'SMAT' muppets you're looking for.

Having fun? :rolleyes:

yes.
    why?

sorry bard, youre probably correct, you probably havent pointed out anyones sig in at least a month. it must be some other small and insignificant wrong that you pointed out somewhere.

bard, another person who loves the smell of power associated with being a mod.....

ding ding

Round 2 of RUBMLE IN THE BOARDS commences

sorry bard, youre probably correct, you probably havent pointed out anyones sig in at least a month. it must be some other small and insignificant wrong that you pointed out somewhere.

I'd say it's longer than that but... *shrug*... dunno... don't remember... don't care... - I don't make a habit of it, in fairness.

bard, another person who loves the smell of power associated with being a mod.....

Eh, yeah... I feel all powerful, being moderator of the Gaeilge and Theatre boards, so I do :rolleyes:

This isn't about me, WhiteWashMan... leave it out, eh?

There are people here who don't necessarily feel compelled to repeatedly reply to pointless threads such as this one again and again, who can be helpful in their replies and don't need to constantly show sarcasm and disdain towards others...

Then there's you.

Have a nice day :)

• Advertisement

I'd say it's longer than that but... *shrug*... dunno... don't remember... don't care... - I don't make a habit of it, in fairness.

well, you see the problem is that you just do it so much, i dont read what you say anymore as you are usually brown nosing someone

This isn't about me, WhiteWashMan... leave it out, eh?

you shouldnt have posted then should you.
    but no, you had to stick your oar in. you had to have your little say, and now you try to weasle out of it...
    There are people here who don't necessarily feel compelled to repeatedly reply to pointless threads such as this one again and again

so why have you replied twice now.

im sure you arent counting yourself as one of these people?
    who can be helpful in their replies and don't need to constantly show sarcasm and disdain towards others...

if you read the boards i mod youd see i do exactly that.

but here, im just a user.

i like to think of myself as the voice of the quietly píssed off.

sarcasm is just one of the many forms of delivery i use. i can do many others. but i feel that it gives me that smug edge that really annoys other people.
    sarcasm when used correctly can be quiet useful you know.
    or rather, you probably wouldnt.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Jesus Eamo... you going for the record here or what?

The rest of you: WWMAN IS TROLLING YOU. YOU ARE BEING FORCE FEED FLAMEBAIT.

Look its REAL fnckin simple ...

Read eamo's post, particularly any that are derisive about *you*. Get angry about how dare he this that and the other... then read them again and realise... ITS JUST WWMAN!!!

There you go... see how easy it is? Take a deep breath and go...hey look, WWMan is trying to troll me... AHAahhahahahha....*sigh* ...

Ok, can you please not feed Eamo... its like putting Gremlins in the shower...

And eamo... stop it. Bold.

DeV.

Yeah, umm.

Eamo for Grand Naegus.

and i would have got away with it if it hadnt been for those pesky admins......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

What a top thread, if that thread of the month award is in any way regular, I would like to nominate this thread for the award.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by sutty
    It will stop a lot of stupid forums being started..... like the "Mac" board

Oi! Our little mac board is overflowing with Beret and Goatee related discussion thank you ver much :)
    Boards is like a big party. The admins are the hosts. If you arrive at a party and one of the guests who arrived before you is rude to you, you dont blame the hosts or leave the party.... just walk away and hit the vodka shots, then snog that blonde thats giving you the eye and hang out on the stairs listening to Morrisey tunes and discussing Guatamala....

Ok I lost it somewhere in that analogy didnt I ... :^/

Err, after some of the Boards Beers ive been to i would have said that analogy is precisely on the mark :)
    After all, vodka shots were freely available at viva and while there was no blonde (for me at any rate, but im open to offers....) there was Morrisey Tunes (well, Kharn doing a Slayer Lounge Medly) and much discussion of Guatemala (er, cake anyway).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I hav'nt read this thread..life's to short, etc.

Mike.

I haven't read Mike's post...

.... mumble.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Much like Eamo after two packets of winegums.... this thread is locked.

DeV.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement