Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDA Recommendation...

• 26-01-2003 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

Hi guys...

My kid borther is travelling to Bolivia in April for a VSO type assignment in journalism. I've wracked my brain for a birthday present for him that's suitable for his trip.

I've decided to get him a PDA, and the one I'm interested in is the Sharp Zaurus. I was wondering if anyone here had one (with resulting feedback). It seems to do everything he'd need and the little keyboard is neat. Where would I purchase one at the least price? Is there another PDA I should be considering instead?

Thanks in advance for any advice you have to offer. :)

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

I don't know about the Sharp Zaurus, being a Palm M500 I own.
    I use it to store documents in and keep contact info and with that I've very little little trouble. It's a b/w model and the time between recharge is very long ~ 2 weeks.
    I suppose your choice depends on the budget you got, my advice is shop around in that there is a great deal of price difference per shops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

My only issue is that I know very little about the devices (i.e. where to purchase one). Am I likely to get one cheaper via the internet or will postage negate the cost savings? Could anyone give me a starting point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Try Expansys . They come highly regarded from everybody over in the wireless forum. I have ordered small items from them the week before Christmas and got them two days later.

You might want to ask over in that forum, people there tend to know more about PDA's and the like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

Thank you Tom. That's an excellent site and exactly what I was looking for. :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭flangeman

Well I'm a Palm Tungsten owner, and I have to admit, my little baby gives me a large amount of joy. For a PDA its perfection, its tiny, smaller than all PocketPC and has everything you could possibly want from a palm(bluetooth, short charge time, etc). Also video, mp3(next month RealOne will be on it AT LAST).

Bit of a premium on the price tag, but its the size of a wallet and can be taken anywhere without the bulk.

• Advertisement
Advertisement