Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

goffl: Help on gathering facts and define objectives(Should Soula be fired?)

Options
  • 26-01-2003 6:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hello there,

first, I d like to once more thank everyone here who has contributed positively into our now-to-form greeceoffline effort.

Then, I can now congratulate you on achieving the 50% decrease in DSL access, and, besides the small cap, I believe its a good step for affordable DSL in Ireland.

Now...I ask for your help in defining some things for the (under construction ) www.greeceoffline.org site. The only thing currently there is a first info-coming soon page.

So, here are my q's:

a) Do you know of any material I could use to actually point out how awful the situation in Greece is?
    b) Financials: The minimum pay in Greece is ~530 Euros per month. An average pay would be 1000 Euros (for, say, an experienced secretary with 5 yrs experience). Larger salaries are rather rare, depending on the occupation ofcourse.
    The ISP's claim that because of the topology and special geographic position of Greece, bandwidth can cost them as much as 10x the cost other countries have, for even a single MB.
    I dont remember the exact figures.

What can I use to actually state that:
    i) In comparison with the Greek salaries, the prices are outrageous
    ii) There has been bad management (and actually, I believe all the money have been sent to the Ministers' Swiss bank accounts) of the EU grants for the Society of Information (or how else they call it)
    iii) The ISP's dont take active measures to decrease their costs, fearing that an investment in larger network capacities, and possibly the offer of DSL/flat rate will NOT mean a significant increase in their customer numbers.

And, something else:

I got a description of Soula Evans from a friend, working in a greek magazine of telecommunications, when he had seen her in early September.

Apparently she is a 40+ yrs old blonde, ugly bitch, with 40+ lifting operations carried out on her face, a typical "I own you all" attitude (-"Do you know who AM I, young man?"-) and she also seems to have as much knowledge about DSL and new telecommunications technologies as I have of Ancient Babylonian grammar.

So, there is an apparent question here:

She needs to get her sorry ass off OTE and the Greek telecoms, if we are to ever see any decent services. Do you believe goffl can do something about it, or we ultimately have our hands tied?

Thanks in advance for all your help and co-operation.

If there are any ideas for goffl, consider sending them to info@greeceoffline.org ...Thanks again!

John
    Founder/Administrator
    Greeceoffline (.org/.net/.com)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

heh I forgot that Soula went to Greece. I don't think we want to get into personal insults here, it doesn't help, but our experience wasn't a happy one either.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=62095

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Hey Yianni!

All I can say is - don't speak with any personal malice about Soula, it may belittle your cause. And also imagine her Yiayia (granny) coming after you with a stick!

(off topic - make sure to see the new film "Loser takes all" or "O Chamenos Ta Pairni Ola" when it comes out. Premier was today, my mate is acting in it!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Ah, our old "friend" (or should that be enemy?) Soula returns. Just as we'd all forgotten about her here in Ireland her name pops up again. God help all you poor Greeks in having to deal with her. In case you didn't know, this is the woman who, when she was a PR bunny at Eircom, arrogantly declared at the IOFFL seminar in August 2001 that, "There's no interest in the internet in Ireland!" God help you all, god, god help you all <shakes head sadly at the thought of GOFFL's plight>

To answer your original question.....
    Originally posted by Sovjohn
    (Should Soula be fired?)

.....yes, she should. Into the heart of the sun from a great big cannon! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Sovjohn

Sorry, I didnt mean to flame mrs. Evans.

I just wrote the description exactly as I heard it:)

You can omit the bad words should you want:)

And Gordon's...The thought of Soula's Yayia is frightening...As for the movie, I ll surely check it out!

LOL@ ".....yes, she should. Into the heart of the sun from a great big cannon! "

Basically, maybe the cold Pluto might suit the case better..heh=)

Advertisement