Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which wc case?

Options
  • 26-01-2003 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭

I'm looking speccing up a new computer soon and want to move into watercooling asap. The innovatek set on watercooling.de looks very interesting and easy to set up according to the people that bought them. I was wondering if the radiator is powerful to cool with some heavy duty overclocking?

The waterblock and pump seem fine for a first time foray into watercooling but I'm not sure about the radiator, it's a toss up between a Black Ice Rad or the innovaRadi or maybe even a local heatercore from a garage. Does anyone have any experience getting a one? I live near a few car dealerships Opel, Ford and Nissan so they might have some.

Aluminium cases seem to be the way to go so I don't think I'll regret spending some extra lolly for the extra cooling. Lian Li and coolermaster have some very good looking and performance cases but there doesn't really seem to be any space to put a radiator in some of them. Can someone post a few pics of their watercooling layouts would really be helpful thanks. And on the performance note how do Danger Den waterblocks perform against the Innovatek block?

Sorry about bunching all these questions together but I want to order the case and w/c kit tomorrow because it's nearly the end of the financial year:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Have a chat with the guys at www.elara.ie they are the Irish Distributors for thermaltake.

The Aquarius II and Sub Zero 4G gear looks very interesting. Product range here http://www.thermaltake.com/products.htm

I had ordered 2 P4 water cooling kits from www.wetandchillychips.com , and just cancelled to see what sort of pricing elara will have.

While the wetandchilly gear looks good, I think I would perfer the backup of the Thermaltake gear. The fact the the pump is powered up when the pc is switched on (from what I can see) most others have a seperate power supply, and a couple of other visual aids to see that the watercooling rig is functioning is nice also.

Im considering the kit to reduce fan noise and not so extreme oveclocking.

Vex.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

That Innovatek kit is a good wee kit seen a review of it and it handled 120 watts and its cpu temps where 27 degree's over ambient . You would see better performance out of a heater matrix from a scrap yard , it would also be cheaper , but you could have hassel with inlets and outlets of that .
    You don't need to get an aluminium case as it doesn't help colling any .

Here is a picture of mine not that it will help any as it is a mess . Altho it is a bit tidier now.
    http://www.geocities.com/dr_babyeater

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Elara have some nice cases thermaltake but apparently they are just chieftec cases with a few extra fans in there and some design work. Still nice though. The aquarius 2 is seems like a quality producte there's a recent video review on 3dgameman and the guy there seems to like it. (Although everything he reviews he says is kickass:D )

Babyeater your rig could use some work! As you said it's a little better now but maybe putting a cardbox over it might help:) Are you using a heater matrix/core for you pc? If so was it difficult to find?

Mostly I have a picture of the parts I want to get but where exactly to put them in which case is the hardest thing (atm) to do. I don't really want to mod the case so that's where the aquarius shines.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

I have a motorbike radiator as when i got my rad not many people where using heater matrix's. I think i might get one soon tho as they shouldn't be hard to get in me local scrap yard and might have a better chance of fitting in me case somewhere.

Advertisement