Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio stations on cable

• 26-01-2003 6:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I have a friend who lives in Maynooth. He get's his multi-channel TV from NTL on what was formally a Cable Management system.

There's an FM socket on his junction box, but having attached his sound system to it, he isn't receiving any extra radio channels.

So the question is - are there any readers of this forum who know whether or not radio stations are supplied on this system ? Is he just doing something wrong, or is there nothing to receive in the first place ?

I use FM on cable myself and would be lost without it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭daramullally

As far as I know Maynooth is covered by Chorus not NTL. Not sure about radio stations on the Chorus cable network.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Yes, Maynooth is a Chorus (ex-CMI Cable) system.

Some Chorus systems did at one stage distribute FM radio - Cork for one - but it was ex-Irish Multichannel. I'm not sure if CMI did distribute FM radio. It may perhaps be the case that the Irish Multichannel group did distribute FM radio, while CMI did not. On the other hand, the presence of an FM socket at all must be an indicator that there may at one stage have been an FM signal.

See if anyone else locally also has FM radio.

All NTL systems distribute radio, either via the FM socket for analogue, or via the EPG and TV for digital viewers. (Channels #901 onwards).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

Thanks for the info guys !!

Advertisement