Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MS Office 2000 Problem

Options
  • 26-01-2003 8:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭

Hello ... I'm having a problem with MS Office 2000. I have bought the discs, so their not copies, they are legal. Well, the problem occurs when I try to run the disc, it says the installer is not a valid Win 32 operation. What do I do? I really need Word!

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Dawg

Sounds like it could be read errors, altho this is more likely with copies than original disks. Details here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,401 ✭✭✭ando

go into 'My Computer' and right click the cd-rom. click on 'Explore'. Look for I think a file named 'Setup.exe' ... just look for an .exe .. double click.

I think your problem is with the auto-run on the CD, so try manually starting up the setup program

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Thanks Lads =)

Dont ****ing touch me Merc....well, only on the ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Having fixed this problem, the initial problem has reared it's ugly head again.

At the beginning, MS09.DLL was giving me "****". Basically, WINWORD would cause an invalid page fault in MS09.DLL. So I checked out MS09.DLL, and deciding it was safe to do so, just deleted it. However this is an integral part of MS Word, so everytime I run Word without MS09.DLL, it asks for the disc to install the .dll again. :mad:

I can open Word itself, and manage to type a few lines before it crashes with illegal operation madness. Existing files cannot be opened, the programme crashes immediately. Having uninstalled and reinstalled the programme, I got paranoid and ran a scan off of Trend Micro. Nothing. I was wondering if it was some conflict I am not aware of, but I'm not sure how to check this out. Please help. Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

are you running any other word processor programs? [works, lotus etc?]

Is it working fine since the re-install?

Advertisement