Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who should United play up front?

• 26-01-2003 8:59pm
    Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭

What do yez think United's best partnership would be up front? They're all playing really well... RVN, Forlan, Solskjaer, Scholes, Giggs. So who do you think is the biggest threat to opposing defences?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Doesnt seem to matter they score regardless of who is up front.

Kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

RVN & Ole with Scholes in midfield and Giggsy on the left.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Agree with you there Waylander, even though Diego plays well when he comes on and does a lot of off the ball work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

spose not really my place to say! but scholes seems far more comfortable when he is in the middle rather that just playing behind RVN although he does that fairly well by the looks of things. RVN and Solskjaer up front , with Scholes feeding them?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Spot on R/R - he played up front with the youth team, think.

Fergie was hung up on playing Veron with giggs, beckham and keane in the middle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

As A 'Pool fan I would like to see United play with Chadwick and Gaz Neville up front, was gonna say Phillip but he scored a nice one at de weekend...

...Seriously, I think Van Nistelrooy up front and Scholes just behind is perfect for the way they play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

RVN and solskjaer up front and scholes in the middle with keano. i'd give giggs a break for a few matches he's not playing well at all!!! even though he scored 2 against west ham his passing was terrible again!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

RVN with Scholes in the hole,Keane and Veron are starting to play well together and with Giggs back in form nothing can stop us :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭darthmise

Originally posted by Sposs
    RVN with Scholes in the hole,Keane and Veron are starting to play well together and with Giggs back in form nothing can stop us :)

i'll second that.

If one man will win us the champions league this year it Seba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Ruud VN and Solskjaer up front, Scholes just behind them. Veron and giggs are finding there form at d moment so United look very strong in attack.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Darth Henry

Well seeing he said yesterday he wants to play for them I'd put Raul up front with Ruud Van Nistelrooy.

Theres a combination.

He will never join United, why should he, he plays with the best set of players in the world, is paid shi* load, lives in a warm climate, chance of winning CL every year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Darth Henry

From The Manchester Post

Spanish international striker Raul threw down the gauntlet to Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson on Saturday when he said the only other club he would play for apart from Real Madrid would be the Premiership giants.
    The 25-year-old has scored eight times this term for the European champions and admitted to being a huge fan of Ferguson.

"He's a great man and a real institution as a coach," Raul told the BBC.

"I would love to have him as my coach but I am a Real Madrid player.

"However if there was ever a point I would leave Real Madrid, the only team I would consider would be Manchester United," he added.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Must be the beautiful city, spectacular landscape around it and the gorgeus weather he would swith for.

Must be the beautiful city, spectacular landscape around it and the gorgeus weather he would swith for.

Never thought of that! ;)

Advertisement