Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats yer poison

Options
  • 07-01-2001 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭

ive been imersed in project igi for the last few weeks and have highly enjoyed it (apart from the obligatory frustrating 3 hours in everylevel when you finish the level but decide to have a 'look about' and get killed)

anyway, i think we have all decided that when it comes to sniper rifles, project igi is indeed the mutts nutts.
    however, i came across the rather stonkingly good fun jackhammer shotgun. it has now taken over as the most fun you can have on the battlefield.
    until now, the super shot gun from quake2 had always been held dear to my heart. along with the railgun and unreals flak cannon.
    but goodbye to all that and hello to the nice jackhammer. so much fun, so many rounds, so little poele to wate.
    er, anyway, the point was something along the lines of what woudl your favourite fps weapons be?

1. jackhammer-project igi
    2. sniper rifle -project igi
    3. that little scuttle bug that wriggles in your hand and homes in-halflife

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

erm
    1 Unreal - Sniper rifle
    2 The Snarks - Half Life
    3 The Flower fun - Grim Fandango

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

My favourite FPS weapon has to be the AWP from counterstrike, it can be so powerful if you use it properly, killing with one shot, but it's rubbish if you dont know what you're at. I think it's a great gun and well balanced too, you have to stand still to get any accuracy and you have to have the scope on, which makes for interesting fights at closer ranges. Then there's close range AWPing, which enjoy but nobody else seems to, you just run at someone and when you're so close than you cant miss pull the trigger, mmmm, instant death. The colt in CS is pretty good silenced too, accurate first shot and not so much spreadout on the rest, plus if you use the silencer it's great for sneaky kills without giving away your position. The Druganov sniper rifle from IGI is great fun also.

1: Cstrike- AWP
    2: Cstrike- Colt
    3: IGI- Sniper rifle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

1. Colt M4A1 Carbine - Counter-Strike
    2. Super Shotgun - Quake 2
    3. Flak Cannon - Unreal Tournament

I've yet to find a sniper rifle that really satisfies, the AWP from CS is close to perfect but CS's odd prediction code screws it a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Rocket Launcher from QW with Quad!
    Smearing and ripping people new ones...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

If memory serves the Cataclysm nuclear handgrenade in Syndicate Wars was quite the laugh smile.gif

I like the sniper rifle in Deus Ex but the flamethrower sucked, ah the GEP gun was good too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Drunk Missles from Rise Of The Triad biggrin.gif classic

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

LongTom - Mechwarrior4. Banned from most servers now though as its just too deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

colt - cs
    rpg - duke3d
    lightning gun - qw

partial to the old ppc's in mechwarrior

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

hmmmmmmmm

3: Super Nashwan from Xenon 2 (oldies know it)
    2: Those little "shoot millions of small rockets and have no ammo in 10 seconds" things from Duke 3D
    1: QuakeWorld's Quad Rocket with the "Haste" Rune - untold amounts of damage done!

biggrin.gif

All the best,
    kharn_sig.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

1) eightball - unreal (1)
    2) persuadertron - swars (not really a weapon but can be quite bloody wink.gif)
    3) world's most interesting bomb - mdk

I Live (in a dream world)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭[SN]JAG

1) Scout Jetbike - Tribes
    (not really a weapon but if youve ever seen me play youd understand)

2) dual handguns - Unreal tourney

3) Thunderbolt missile - Mech 4
    (also banned from many servers, not for the power but the 1.6k range smile.gif )

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Mythago

Hehe... agree with Kharn: Super Nashwan was cool, although I really liked having strength with the quad in QW...those f**ks with red armour & 250 health just disappeared, unfortunately a laggy connection & many a wall at short range proved to be my downfall wink.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Pacman - Power Pill..... smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Railgun - Q2
    AWP - CS
    Jackhammer - Project IGI

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

my fav wepons
    q1 - rl
    q2 - ssg
    q3 - rl
    avp when human - puls rifel
    avp when pred - disk
    avp when alien - claws
    ut -mini gun

what type of world will we live in when there is no world ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

1. Disc Launcher - Tribes
    2. Q1's rocket Launcher
    3. The Fiery Mace from the Coin-op game Black Tiger (aaaaaah, 3 weeks on the hop from school to clock that smile.gif )

Advertisement