Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pot calling kettle black - Limerick Kidnapping

Options
  • 27-01-2003 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭

I was reading an article in the star with the mother of the two brothers who were Kidnapped in limerick recently, in the interview she gave a sad portrait of her life
    as a victim of thugs and the like, she mentioned intimidation, and said her family was a victim of this, But what I found to be very interesting was the fact that 12 hours before the kidnapping, one of the brothers - Kieran
    Was found not guilty of serious assault, as a key witness changed his/her mind and said they could not remember who attacked Them - no prizes for guessing what happened here.

Does anyone else feel no sympady for these men??
    They were not exactly saints.

Is anyone else of the same opinion that Ireland would be a better place without these men?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭hallelujajordan

Originally posted by hussey

Is anyone else of the same opinion that Ireland would be a better place without these kids?

I think this is out of order. Admittedly, i don't know very much about the details of this case but I think everyone in Ireland, regardless of their criminal history is entitled to due process and the protection of the justice system.

Maybe we would be better off without them but I'm not too happy about that decision being made by their kind . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

That's kind of harsh. They were the same as the people that kidnapped them, but that doesn't make it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

maybe but from personal experience I am just sick of people getting away with serious crime

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Does anyone else feel no sympady for these boys??

Is anyone else of the same opinion that Ireland would be a better place without these kids?

These two have been described as boys and kids, despite one newspaper giving their ages as 18 and 20. A minor point before the heartstrings are tugged too much.

As for sympathy, no, none at all.

They have rights like everybody else, and their rights should be respected, but if you want me to feel sorrow for them, you're wasting your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

I think that the situation of kidnapping anybody is wrong. I hope that the lads will be found.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Snowball

I was reading an article in the star with the mother of the two brothers who were Kidnapped in limerick recently, in the interview she gave a sad portrait of her life
    as a victim of thugs and the like, she mentioned intimidation, and said her family was a victim of this, But what I found to be very interesting was the fact that 12 hours before the kidnapping, one of the brothers - Kieran
    Was found not guilty of serious assault, as a key witness changed his/her mind and said they could not remember who attacked Them - no prizes for guessing what happened here.

Does anyone else feel no sympady for these boys??

So just bacause you are not the nicest person its ok for someone to kidnap you?
    What if it was a misstake and he did not do what he was acused of doing? what if it is him upbringing? What if he was backed into a corner by a guy who wanted to fight? and so on and so on.
    People make mistakes, don't wish bad on you because you would not anyone to wish bad on you if the situation was turned around and you were gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I'm sure their local Corporation representative will sort it out ...

(Maybe he already has? ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

They're members of a well known..eh 'family'. Now of course its quite possible that the two of them are fine upstanding young gentlemen who are the black sheep of the family. But seen as how some family members/associates apparently gathered the other day to say 'we know who did this and they won't get away with it', I find myself unable to believe that.

Of course none of this changes the fact that the cops should look just as hard to get the people who did this, because preferential treatment isn't a part of a healthy society's legal system. Nevertheless, members of these families can continue to have a go at each other without drawing any comment from me, as long as they don't involve the innocent. And by innocent I mean anyone who doesn't want to be involved. Though isn't this an extension of the row that started with a playground fight? If it is, I doubt they'll place too much emphasis on who exactly is targeted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Everyone is entitled to a similar quality of service from the Gardai regardless of who they are. Problems like this might just get solved in a slightly different way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

So just bacause you are not the nicest person its ok for someone to kidnap you?
    Yes and No - depends on how 'Not nice' you are?

What if it was a misstake and he did not do what he was acused of doing?
    Good 'un

what if it is him upbringing?
    They grew up in a 'Gangster' environment, there father was killed in a pub by a rival gang.But they still know right from wrong

What if he was backed into a corner by a guy who wanted to fight? and so on and so on.
    I don't get this point?

I am personally of the opinion that if bad things happen to bad people then Good.

If killing 1 person would save the lives of 100 others .. would you do it??
    I dont think I could, but I wouldn't criticize the person who would

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by leeroybrown
    I'm sure their local Corporation representative will sort it out ...

(Maybe he already has? ;) )

The erm, chap you're referring to resigned his corpo seat a wee while back

• Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Its a nice problem to have for the guards though - 2 scumbags down and a kindapping/murder and a conspiracy (sure why not) charge to bang away a few more scumbags, when they catch them of course. Of course the guards should be the ones locking up all the crinimals, but seeing as these nice young men apparently intimidate witnessess it might be argued the guards cant really catch them.

Advertisement