Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAM Type

• 27-01-2003 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I want to add some RAM to my mother's 3 yo Packard Bell AMD K6-2 based system. It's got just 28MB base memory.

I cannot seem to find the model number to find what type of RAM I need, so was wondering if anyone had any info as regards the type, and quantity of RAM I can add.

I know that this is a pretty old system, but really it's fine for her needs, and all she needs is some more memory, so that the computer can open 2 apps without the swap file constsntly being used.

Ro

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

Most of the older Packard Bell's had 4 sockets with memory being installed in kits(matched pairs). From memory they use the same chips as the HP Vectra VL4 and you will be limited to a max of 128MB by the BIOS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

k6-2 should be using a 100Fsb, so PC100 SDRAM should do the Job.

Advertisement