Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man U Vs Arsenal next round F.A Cup

• 27-01-2003 2:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭

Come on Arsenal

Also

Southampton or Millwall v Norwich
    C Palace or Liverpool v Gillingham or Leeds
    Wolves v Rochdale
    Fulham v Burnley
    Stoke v Chelsea
    Blackburn or Sunderland v Watford
    Sheff Utd v Walsall

Come on the Pool :)

Ties to be played weekend Feb 15th & 16th

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Oh yes :D

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

That means Arsenal won't get past the fifth round then. Time to go to the bookies!@#

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Bloke in work has a tenner on Utd. for the "QUADRUPLE" at 40/1

I think its gone down to 33/1 now but still not bad ( however cannot realistically see them winning everything .....)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Nice handy draw for Arsenal so, how is it decided what games BBC televise ?

Should be a great game to watch, with bothe teams at top form there would be a nice bitta footy going on...

Originally posted by Thanx 4 The Fish
    Nice handy draw for Arsenal so, how is it decided what games BBC televise ?

I hope its at 6.30 on the sunday evening. that way everyone will get to see it.

On the match i think Arsenal could just sneak it as they always have an answer to united coming off a loss from the previous meeting.PROVIDED WE START BERGKAMP! We will win!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Should be a good game alright, impossible to tell, both teams playing at peak, all it takes in an injury to scholes, rvn or henry and it advantage the other team

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I'm feeling confident that United will win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Arsenal are a great side but I fancy United to beat them in Old Trafford. Can't wait though, it should be a cracking game. The possible Liverpool v Leeds could be a good one also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

What a cracker of a match.......Cant see Utd losing that one at home i fear

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

write arsenal off at ur perl
    everyone tipped them to win to win at old trafford last time around but were too cocky and were physically beaten off the park!!!
    however this time i think they would have learned there leason. O/T is one of the hardest places to get a result(along with Highbury) but i can see them winning it as arsenal always produce their best when they are questioned about their ability to win crucial games!!!
    funnily enough man utd also share this quality

it should be a great encounter
    predict a score draw with arsenal winning the home tie but anything can happen between now and mid Feb especially with the FA on the side of utd. bet we shall see some call up on arsenal over their conduct!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Originally posted by jank
    write arsenal off at ur perl

Henry taken to coding now then ??? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Hopefiully it will be a classic match with United just clinching it.

United v.s Arsenal matches have produced some real classics in the recent years.

<REMINDER>What are the bookies odds in Ryan Giggs scoring in a sudden recovery of form ;)</REMINDER>

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I'm feeling confident that United will lose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Arsenal to win this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Ah well, gotta play the hard teams to win the cups :/

When both teams play to the peak of thier ability, Arsenal are the better team but hey, its the FA Cup. ManUre robbed us once before. ok, so dinny missed a peno and the back 4 watched giggs run around a bit before scoring - but it was still thievery :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

This great news for the rest of us!

Wolves for the Cup :) (well Pool will win the other!)

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

some lad apparently stuck down 1.000 for man u to win the quadtruple at 275/1 at start of season. (according to beep commentator)

imagine winning that :)

275k hmm :)~~

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

And no it wasn't me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

hehe thought had crossed my mind :)

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by Dustaz
    Ah well, gotta play the hard teams to win the cups :/

When both teams play to the peak of thier ability, Arsenal are the better team but hey, its the FA Cup. ManUre robbed us once before. ok, so dinny missed a peno and the back 4 watched giggs run around a bit before scoring - but it was still thievery :)
    heh... I disagree. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Chippy Brady

The winner of this game will have a huge psychological advantage for the rest of the league campaign just like the last encounter did. Remember, if Dennis had scored that penalty, I reckon Arsenal would have reclaimed the double in 99. It was a shattering blow to Arsenal when they lost and the victory gave Utd the self belief to win the treble. This game is hard to call but I'm going to go with Arsenal because they don't want to repeat the experience of losing to Utd again in such a big game. I also think that getting hammered at Old Trafford last November will benefit the Gunners as they know what to expect from a fully committed Utd side that are bang on form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

By the time the match comes around, either team could be off form by then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Chippy has the best name ever on boards.ie imo :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Id rather united beat them in the league again than in the cup, but hey, should be a good 'un all the same..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

Bloke in work has a tenner on Utd. for the "QUADRUPLE" at 40/1

At teh start of the season they were 170/1 to win the quadrulple! Commentator on sky sports said it.Soem guy put £1000 on them.

Hopefully Your freind and mine, Carlos Queiroz will coem up with the tactical goods again, to keep Aresenal out of the game! Phil Neville "the midfield general";) :p will keep Viera in his box!

Anyone know if tickets are on sale yet for the worthington cup final??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

united will take it but it will be a very close match if both teams are playing the way they are at da mo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

I'd agree with teh psychological effect. Teh big dane's! penalty save was elite btw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

has it been announced yet who is going to show it (maybe no one will show it, some hope of that happening).

it would be great to have it on the Sunday evening but something tells me it will be Sky Sports Saturday lunchtime game :(

Advertisement