Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advise on Laptop

• 27-01-2003 3:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭

Lets say that I have €2500 to spend on a Laptop

I was thinking about DELL or Toshiba, but would like to hear about other peoples experiences

Ideally I need something that would run memory hogging processes that would run parallel. Like JBuilder, DreamWeaver, Adobe PhotoShop, etc....

High End Graphics also required, with a 15" Screen minimum

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i got a dell inspiron 8200
    p4 mobile 1.8ghz
    256 megs drr
    40gig HD
    gf4 go 440
    15 inch UXGA screen
    integrated v.92modem/100meg network card
    8x DVD
    and a second battery

for aroudn 2600 inc vat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Quality wise i would think you will be hard pressed to find a better machine than a Toshiba, except maybe an IBM or Apple (if you want to go that road). Dell make good Laptops, Toshiba make excellence!! Make sure you get one with a G-Force chip in it or else you will end up with shared memory wich is no good. I did not bother with a G-Force on mine and i regret it now as while i dont play games on mine, i at least would like the option.. might be handy to have a kick ass laptop for lan parties... no hogging a whole rig around!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Advertisement