Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP!!! excelXP needed

Options
  • 27-01-2003 3:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Hey,

I have been doing some research an it appears that Excel XP has v.good data recovery facilities.
    What my problem is is I have a corrupt Excel 97 file (important file) what I need is a kind soul with Excel XP who i can mail the file to all you need to do is open the file with your version of Excel and "save as" to another file it should be OK then. Please if someone could just give this a try to help us out mail me at
    zeez@eircom.net

Cheers,
    spartic.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

pm sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

If this fails, there are also a number of applications avaliable that can recover information from corrupt excel files. I've had success with one of them before.

Google should throw some up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 spartic

Little update:

Was looking for app's to do it cheapest one at round $80 there was a company that could look at it for €50, but Excel XP sorted it with its inbuilt data corruption recovery facility, it restored all the data but lost any formulae's which i can manage without so:
    A big shout out and thanks to the ciscokid
    Regards,
    Spartic

Advertisement