Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding out about people on the web

• 27-01-2003 3:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to find information about people on the web, i.e. their qualifications, jobs etc.?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Only if theres information there about them. You might find a CV if you're lucky but generally google will have trouble turning it up.

My main online presence was in the form of mailing list contributions last time I looked.

Generally personal information is a lot harder to find and it will need to be someone who has either "participated" a lot online or whose information was divulged by someoone else.

I was asked by a friedn to find someone based on a first name and a position in a certain type of company recently. Needless to say I avoided the issue.

Advertisement