Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

eircoms DSL and NTLS offer

• 27-01-2003 4:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

Just looking at the NTL web site at the moment
    http://www.ntl.com/locales/ie/en/athome/internet_cable.html

that DSL/Cable modem connection offer looks good but is their any catch anyone can tell me? Id personally love to have DSL in my house (waterford). Just wondering if people are still complaining about Eircoms DSL price, how come they dont go for this offer?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Its only available to about 1000 homes in very small parts of Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

If you read the FAQ on NTL's site:
    Where and when will it be available?

The rollout plan of our broadband internet service is curerntly only available in certain parts of West Dublin in and around the Dublin 24, 16 and 6W area. You will need to live in an area where ntl have built a cable network and offer its cable services. In order to get more information on our roll out plan and get an indicative date of when the service will be available in your area, please call 1800 923 005.

That's probably the reason most don't go for it. They can't get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I can tell you this.. if it was available in Dub 20 i would be the first to sign up... i know its fast as a mate of mine tested it years ago (in Dub 20 by the way) but it was only the downstream, upstream was still phone line...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

Do know by any chance when/if they're gonna extend their cable service to Leixlip which is just beside Dublin in Kildare?I don't know much about broadband so i thought i'd ask is ntl's 512k cable the same as say eircoms 512k i-stream?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meh

Originally posted by Horsefumbler
    Do know by any chance when/if they're gonna extend their cable service to Leixlip which is just beside Dublin in Kildare?
    In order to get more information on our roll out plan and get an indicative date of when the service will be available in your area, please call 1800 923 005.
    NTL are a bunch of dirty liars though -- take anything they tell you with a pinch of salt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Basically, NTL is only available to a VERY small amount of houses in south dublin. Call the number to see if you can get it.

It is HIGHLY UNLIKELY that they will upgrade anywhere else any time soon. And by soon i mean "in the next 3 years".

If you cant get cable from ntl atm, you are most likely not going to get it for the forseeable future.

Oh yeh, and Cable != DSL. they are seperate things.

Advertisement