Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky Reception Problem

• 27-01-2003 5:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hi all having a problem with my sky reception at the moment and am wondering if any one has any ideas.
    The problem is as follows, basically when I put the tv on and the sky box(pace 2G) is reciving a siganl I get a picture then after a few minutes it lose the picture and the tv screen goes black,, pace box still has a green on light. If I leave it I see the picture attempting to come back, but it never does.
    Now here's what I have to do to get the reception back. Basically if I plug in the scart cable from my xbox to the tv and turn the xbox on the picture comes back, and the looses the picture after a few minutes. If I then plug in the scart from the sky box to the tv, I get a picture for the rest of the day. Ive checked all cables they are in secure, and system signal strength is good. Any suggestions!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Baffling!

Could it be the cable? What make is the TV?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Puca

Its a Sony TV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 287 ✭✭coley

Do you have any other scart leads plugged into the tv? anything with an s-video signal plugged into the tv?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Isn't there something in the Sky box settings about SCART control? I think it is in system setup. Try playing around with this to see if it will do anything. A long shot, but what the hell

Strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Puca

Hi all, just letting you know what I had to do to get things working. Basically I unplugged the pace box from the video, switched the sky ports on the sky box, so that basically its now going from the pace box directly to TV, and the cable that was going to the video is now into the sky box, and its working perfectly

• Advertisement
Advertisement