Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FTV cards to be replaced.

• 27-01-2003 5:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭

Got this reply from BBC Digital Information.

We have discussed this matter with the BBC Reception Advice unit who say that new Free to Air card will be available shortly. These cards should be sent out in the next few weeks.

We hope this information is of assistance.

Thank you and best wishes.

BBC Digital Information.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

This is be costly for the BBC and the FTV consortium.

And Sky seem to be pushing the new cards now with TV ads and all..... looks like we'll know soon enough wheather card swapping can continue......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭muffinhead

DAMN YOU BBC:mad: !!!!

I have just sent off for my English FTV card, hopefully it will arrive in time for when my SKY sub card arrives and the gear is all installed.

Would I be getting the new FTV card or will it be the remains of the old FTV cards?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Would I be getting the new FTV card or will it be the remains of the old FTV cards?

I have a few cards on the way and I have been informed that these are of the new type.

edit: just tidied the quote tags

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭muffinhead

Good! I didn't want my friend in England to have to send me out 2 FTV cards within a few weeks of each other!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Originally posted by DMC
    looks like we'll know soon enough wheather card swapping can continue......

God, I hadn't really thought about that!:eek:

I hope they will continue to work side by side!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Aye, thats why I'm holding out on getting a FTV solution for my brother, until I know for sure that it still works.

And we offer up the next decade of the rosary....

Advertisement