Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cheap Insurance !!!!!!!!! For real

Options
  • 27-01-2003 5:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

If you pass the Ignition course with Hibernian, you can get a big reduction. I was quoted 3,300 by Quinn Direct for a 2002 Ibiza 1.2 Litre. I have a full licence 2 years no claim Bonus. As soon as i done the ignition course i got 20% off, then a further 10% for not driving betweem 11pm and 6am. That gave me a quote of 2,100 Euros. I then had my mother put on my policy as named driver, and my policy came down again to 1,750 Euros. I doubled checked that this was correct they said yes becuase my mother makes the policy low risk......

Woooooooooooo..........

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

what is this ignition course?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 kmcgrane

Hibernian have setup an ignition course for under 25 drivers male and female. Its free, and simple to pass. Go to their website to see the info, ot give them a ring and ask about the ignition course....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Iggnition is an Advanced Driving course that Hibernian insurance are associated with. They pay for you to do it and reduce your premium.

(One of the guys in my house just got the pack for it)

http://fb.via-net-works.ie/insurance/ignition.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

and how will they know if ya drive between 11pm-6am

is this every single day or what?? Or would ya be allowed to have once in a blue moon drive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

Well, 1750 looks better then 3300 yoyos but is still far from cheap.

• Advertisement

They won't know!!! your insurance would be void if you had a accident during these hours that all......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Originally posted by kmcgrane
    I then had my mother put on my policy as named driver, and my policy came down again to 1,750 Euros.

hang on, did you spell that sentance right? check it carefully ??? i taught the only way insurance would come down is if you went on your ma's policy ? not the other way round... feck if thats the case, them i'm off to hibernian... once I find out if they punish penalty points with higher premiums ?

Yes you read correctly... I'm the policy holder, my mam is a named driver, don't ask me why it's cheaper this but it is. I got my insurance today.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

This is strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

It's not really that strange if you think about it.....

If you are the sole driver on the policy, then it's assumed you are driving the car all the time it is on the road, and are charged a certain amount based on their estimation of the risk you carry.

If your mother is insured as a named driver on your policy, they have to assume she will be driving the car for a certain amount of the time it spends on the road, and assume you drive less of the time than you would as a solo policy holder. Therefore the premium is based on the cost of insuring your mother to drive some of the time, and you the rest of the time.

Since your mother is more than likely considered a far lower risk, the cost of her part of the cover is much lower than the cost of covering you for the same period of time. Therefore the policy costs less.

• Advertisement
Advertisement